Injection Moulding Technician (6 Month Contract)
- Job Reference: 00004790-1
- Date Posted: 14 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Chapmanslade, Wiltshire
- Salary: £14.00 to £18.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Engineering, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
Job Overview: Our client, an established injection moulding manufacturer, has retained our services to search for an Injection Moulding Technician to join their team on an initial 6 month contract, this will be to support NHS work supporting Covid-19 suppression.
As an Injection Moulding Technician, you must have several years’ experience with setting, conditioning, maintenance & process optimisation of injection moulding machines working with a wide range of materials.
As an Injection Moulding Technician, you will be expected to ensure the continuous running of the machine at the optimum cycle time to produce quality products.
The role of an Injection Moulding Technician is to fulfil all aspects of mould machinery tool changes, from hanging the tool and securing the tool in the machine through to the use of programming software and setting up the robots to provide the optimum cycle time, through to conditioning & optimising and conducting improvement trials for improvements towards cycle reduction times and scrap reduction.
For a proven Injection Moulding Technician, this is an excellent opportunity to work within a company who are currently experiencing a period of growth.
* Provide support to the mouldshop area including support of the Technical, Operations Team and Cell Leaders.
* Set and optimise injection moulding machine conditions
* Basic machine maintenance, trouble shooting and process optimisation activities.
* To drive continuous improvements ensuring product quality is maintained & good working practices are adhered to.
* Champion and promote 5s within the moulding team
* Monitor and adhere to Health & Safety legislation
* To carry out tool trials and NPI activities
* Previous experience within an injection moulding manufacturing environment is essential.
* Be experienced in trouble shooting and problem solving, tool trials, NPI and the complete process setup
* Have knowledge of process optimisation, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
Key Words: “Injection Moulding”, “Setter”, “Moulding Technician”, “Injection Moulding Setter”, “Process Technician”, “Process Development Technician”, “Setter Supervisor”, “Senior Setter”, “Plastic”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful. Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra57 has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles