Infrastructure Project Engineer
|Job Title:||Infrastructure Project Engineer|
|Salary:||£60000 - £61000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-01-23 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Fiona Williams|
|Job Published:||January 23, 2019 13:20|
Position Type - Full Time/Contract
I am currently recruiting for a Infrastructure Project Manager to be based in South Wales but possibility of working out of other UK locations.
What makes this role unique?
Working within the structures department of one of the world's largest Management companies, you will get the opportunity to work on a wide variety of iconic structuresThe Project Manager will take the lead in the organisation, design, delivery and reporting of structural inspection projects using visual examination and testing (non-destructive and intrusive) and monitoring to establish condition, deterioration and the presence of defects that allows future safe operation and management of bridges and other major infrastructure.
Reporting into the Senior Project Manager
What will this role involve?
- Assist in ensuring that the works are completed safely and to the correct quality
- Development of documentation, method statements and risk assessments
- Assist in ensuring the delivery of work to programme, budget and specification
- Early involvement in the design and planning of projects
- Inspecting structures to relevant standards (eg BD63, BD35, BD54 )
- PTSI Bridge inspections
- Organising and facilitating concrete testing
- Conducting Impact echo testing
- Coordinating and participating in the varied inspection techniques including AE, IE. GPR and Radiography techniques
- Leading inspection teams, site supervision and supervision of subcontractors
- Utilising a wide range of inspection tools to compliment visual inspection (training given)
- Compiling, reviewing and signing off structural inspection reports from information gathered onsite
- Carry out project in a variety of interesting and sometimes challenging environments including some night and weekend shifts
- Accessing the work area via a combination of working at height with MEWP and Rope access
- Confined space entry.
- Personal organisation and hands on commitment
- A career focused individual keen to develop their skills and experience.
- Safety conscious approach to working
- Client focussed approach
- Ability to complete confined spaces training and possibly undertake a rope access training
- course if required.
- Experienced Chartered Civil Engineer with HND or Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering. Or working towards qualification.
- BICS Qualified as Senior Bridge Inspector, Or working towards Qualification
- Experience in concrete testing
- Experience with non-destructive testing
- Practical experience of working on bridge and infrastructure site
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft office
- Technical knowledge of materials, defects and damage
- Knowledge of structures and bridges
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A full clean UK driving licence
- A flexible and can do approach
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Graduate Infrastructure Engineer
£22000 - £28000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days holiday, competitive salary, pension
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
£38000 - £48000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days holiday, competitive salary, pension
Graduate Infrastructure Engineer - Bedfordshire
£22000 - £25000 per annum
Senior Infrastructure Engineer - London
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Up to £40 per hour