Blue Arrow are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Information Specialist with a Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in either a health/science related degree or information management or related studies, with a background in health.
The company you would be working for, if successful, is a market leading specialist in bespoke software development within the healthcare field. You would be working in a small but supportive team, based in Newcastle upon Tyne. As an Information Specialist you will be responsible for providing high quality information for the development and maintenance of the clinical content for Clinical Knowledge Summaries and Prodigy. You will contribute to the smooth operation of data collection, analysis and reporting systems for the company's product development and service delivery portfolio. In addition you will contribute to the company strategy by producing quality, evidence-based information, which will be used to improve patient care and to promote the brand to attract future business.
* Your start date would be around the 2nd of March, although this can be altered to fit with notice periods
* You would working as maternity cover, on a 16 month contract
* This is a full time role, working Monday to Friday
* You will be working standard office hours, 9am to 5pm, although flexi-time will be available once training is complete
Key responsibilities include:
* You will be proofreading/editing of topic reviews and authoring minor updates/minor reviews of clinical topics as agreed with the Clinical Editor
* You will be managing the deadlines for article submissions, spanning a number of different article topics
* You will be reviewing newly published medical articles online, if you come across any great article topics that you currently aren't working on you can raise this to be the focus of future publishing's by the company
* You will be correcting style, grammar and typographical errors along with raising any ambiguous clinical detail with the topic author/Clinical Editor
* You will be generating reports on your findings
* You will also be responsible for storing and organising information in a content management system, and assisting with any content updates/quality assurance issues within the in-house content authoring and management tool.
* The ideal candidate will possess a postgraduate qualification, preferably within the field of medicine, healthcare or science
* You will possess at least 1 years' experience in an information role in health library/information service and experience of or interest in guidelines, evidence-based medicine and/or prescribing issues
* You will be comfortable working towards deadlines
* You will have an excellent standard of writing, including spelling and grammar, as these are the types of mistakes you may be correcting
* You will be organised, in order to keep up with deadlines and manages processes
* You will have strong IT skills, as many of your daily tasks will involve reviewing, editing and creating reports on a computer
* You will also demonstrate good attention to detail with a thorough and methodical/systematic approach to tasks
* An interest or experience in contributing to the design of content management systems would be advantageous
* There is free, secure parking located outside of the office
* The bus stop is located within a 5 minute walk of the office, and multiple bus services stop here
* The office is around a 30 minute drive from Newcastle City Centre in rush hour
Click apply today. We promise to reply to every application within 7 days.