Industrial mechanical technician
|Job Title:||Industrial mechanical technician|
|Salary:||£30000 - £34500 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-03-06 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ali Dearlove|
|Job Published:||March 06, 2019 10:02|
- City and Guilds certification and / or BTEC or HNC in a mechanical subject.
- Apprenticeship with significant mechanical experience working on industrial plant equipment.
- Domestic mechanical experience is not suitable.
- Experience in inspecting, maintaining, fault diagnosis, testing, installation, modifying or repairing mechanical plant equipment.
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety issues relevant to the industry would be beneficial for this role.
- The work will require physical fitness.
- You will need the ability to work in confined spaces and will require completion of appropriate training for this.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
Salary and benefits:
- Depending on experience and/or qualifications we are offering a salary of £30,000 up to £34,500
- All tools provided and you may be eligible for a company van (location dependant).
- 24 days annual leave increasing with years of service.
- A generous pension scheme whereby the Company will match twice of what you contribute up to 12% company contribution.
- Life insurance of 8 x salary.
- Annual pay review.
- Season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps.
- We also offer 2 paid volunteering days per year.
You will have the potential to earn casual overtime (double time in some circumstances) and you will be paid extra as part of the 24/7 out of hours' standby rota to ensure the service we provide to our customers always comes first.
Ensure that all equipment associated with our water treatment works / sewage treatment works are running safely and efficiently using both proactive and reactive maintenance methods.
Carrying-out the installation, refurbishment and commissioning of mechanical process plant to specification and in a timely manner, at a range of industrial and construction locations.
Inspection, testing and maintenance on equipment such as pumps, mixers and gearboxes, as required within manufacturer's guidelines and in compliance with current standards and regulations.
Follow robust planned maintenance as well as getting involved in minor installation projects, mechanical fault finding and emergency breakdown repairs to ensure our plant operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Maintaining a stock of spares and materials required to complete work effectively, where necessary ensuring additional items are ordered.
Investigate plant failures and carry out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid interruptions to the process.
Provide technical advice, making reference to up to date technical knowledge, and provide training or support for technical trainees if required.
Participate in a stand-by rota following the relevant training.
Participation in a 24/7 out of hours' standby rota will be required after a suitable period of training and assessment.
Due to the nature of the role a valid driving licence is essential and all necessary equipment such as vehicle and tools are provided.
Why choose us / our client?
Working outside with no one day being the same provides a very interesting working environment. You will be presented with unique challenges whether it is using your expertise to diagnose a fault, or removing large objects to prevent plant damage. You will gain experience on a wide range of plants and equipment some of which are innovative investments providing exciting new experiences.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced mechanical maintenance technician to join the UK's largest water company and join the operations team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's