Industrial Electrician Shifts
|Job Title:||Industrial Electrician Shifts|
|Location:||Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot|
|Salary:||Up to £17.28 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Robert Cain|
|Job Published:||December 11, 2018 10:26|
Acorn is currently looking to fill the following positions for a Major Client (Tata Steel) at the Port Talbot plant.
SuccessFactors, Inc. Agency Access
Supporting Shift Electrical Engineer, working a 12 hour pattern on a 4 on 4 off basis, 5 block 12 days off pattern. Covering all areas of Hot Rolled Products as required and providing a complete range of Engineering activities to optimise production in the mill.
Must be Time-Served / NVQ level 3.
Location: Port Talbot.
Salary: day rate - £17.28 (including shift allowance) 4 on - 4 off.
Approximately 12 months work initially. Via Agency
You will perform preventative maintenance and inspection work, and provide expertise and resource to identify and rectify faults in complex systems to ensure manufacturing continuity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for that activity is undertaken within Health / Safety.
You will work as part of a team to ensure manufacturing performance on an on-going basis and to support manufacturing development plans, identifying opportunities for improvement.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in working in an industrial / heavy industry environment.
- To have a good understanding of electrical control systems and AC and DC cranes, and be able to quickly diagnose and rectify faults.
- Providing engineering expertise and advice in order to diagnose and correct complex faults in the manufacturing process equipment.
- Ensure that electrical maintenance work undertaken is completed to time and to appropriate safety and engineering standards.
- To be authorised to issue permits (when deemed competent) Tata and Contractors.
- Provide comprehensive reports on breakdowns, repairs and related engineering activities where appropriate recommending improvements to equipment or systems.
- Supervise our client or contract personnel and where necessary issue certificates of isolation as part of the safe system of work.
- High/Low voltage & AC/DC knowledge is advantageous.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's