Industrial Door Engineer
- Job Reference: 00051538-1
- Date Posted: 19 January 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Westhoughton, Manchester
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
BID Group Ltd are one of largest independent, owner managed, industrial door companies in the UK, providing service, repair, and installation solutions for all types of industrial door and loading bay equipment across the country. We are a forward thinking and rapidly growing company who have doubled in size over the past 5 years.
We are now looking for the best people to help us continue with our expansion.
Due to expansion and high demand for our products and services, we are currently looking to recruit an experienced Industrial Door Engineer within the North West area (ideally located in the Bolton and Surrounding area
The role will include installing, servicing, repairing and fault diagnosis of industrial doors and associated products:
* Industrial sectional overhead doors
* High speed/rapid roll doors
* Industrial roller shutters
* Fire shutters and doors
* Folding and sliding doors
* Steel security doors
* Dock levellers / loading bays
* Automatic doors
Skills/Education and Experience
A full driving licence is Essential.
All relevant cards/certificates - SPA Passport, CSCS, PASMA and IPAF qualifications would be an advantage although full training will be provided as required.
Electrically or mechanically qualified would be an advantage but not essential.
You must be a competent engineer with proven experience in delivering service, repairs, maintenance, and installation of a range of industrial door/loading bay products.
Someone who is confident, has a good face to face skills and is comfortable outlining further work to the client.
You must be flexible and willing to work overtime as the role will involve participation on the call out rota.
Proactive problem solver
What We Offer
* A very competitive basic salary with the opportunity to earn up to £47k
* Overtime at time and a half (Time and a half overtime calculated daily)
* Out of hours callouts at double time plus 2 hour fee per callout
* Monthly bonus scheme
* Door to door payment (From the start-up of your van)
* 30 days holiday
* Company Sick Pay
* Contributory pension scheme
* Accident & life cover
* Company van/ fuel card
* Company mobile phone & tablet
* ALL company uniform & PPE provided.
* Power/ battery tools provided
* Onsite training & external training provided
* Opportunity for progression within
* Funded/ subsidised social events
* New Mercedes automatic vans
* Fully stocked local depot
* Guaranteed 10% increase in base salary
* Large blue-chip clients
Location: North West
Salary: Dependent upon skills and experience
Hours Of Work: Basic 40-hour week, 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday. Overtime if required.
Candidate Location: Bolton and Surrounding areas
Please apply with the link provided Or, for further information please telephone Michelle Fielden in the HR Department on (phone number removed)
We operate a Covid-19 secure workplace and are fully compliant with government guidelines.
BID Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, ethnic or national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or religious belief