|Salary||£64000 - £90000 per annum||Sector||Executive and Management|
This is an exciting and pivotal role within the company. As the Incident Management & Business Resilience Manager, you are accountable for delivery of enhanced 24/7 incident management capability, focussing on mitigation of incidents occurring and the swift resolution of any that arise. Managing and mitigating any Thames Water impact relating to industry wide risks and large-scale contingency planning project such as Brexit. You will be responsible for fulfilling internal and external responsibilities to ensure Thames Water’s capability to meet operating licence requirements.
You will champion improvements in Incident Management responses through effective incident learning and business continuity planning, ensuring all procedures, processes, policies and frameworks are delivered and abided by through management of incidents and related mitigation activities, as well as integrated working with the strategic direction set for Thames Water’s incident management response.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Act as the external spokesperson and reporting sign off for all incidents where 3rd party requests for information have come in to the business.
- Where the business contact is appropriately deemed to be a more senior employee, provide support, knowledge and resource as required.
- Provide the business with a high performing incident management team who can competently deliver all aspects of business resilience and incident management in order that the business is successful in meeting customer, stakeholder and regulatory expectations.
- Responsible for the provision of incident mitigation options arising from emerging business risks impacting service to customers.
- Provide clear support for Thames Water’s incident management function, including internal and external representation.
- Accountability for the ongoing development, capability, performance management and reward of all members of the wider Incident Management function.
- Ensure robust and co-ordinated governance programmes are delivered throughout the organisation.
- Financial impact of incidents to be a consideration in delivery of effective and efficient incident management.
- Understanding of the Water and wastewater operations is preferable
- Fully competent at using the appropriate Company IT systems and Office software, as well as specialist Incident Management tools
- Strong analytical background and excellent decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High attention to detail, with capability to present the detail in a simple yet effective manner
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet demanding deadlines
- Ability to multi task effectively
- Previous experience managing operational incidents is preferable
- Experience of providing detailed management reports
This is a niche role in a new team and there are no others like it within the Thames Water business. This is a fantastic opportunity to really make a positive impact to minimise future impact on operations and our customers. This is your chance to be part of change and positively make your mark.
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.