ICT Service Desk Analyst
|Job Title:||ICT Service Desk Analyst|
|Salary:||£10.32 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-01-02 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Simone Grant|
|Job Published:||January 09, 2019 11:34|
Pertemps are looking for an ICT Service Desk Analyst to cover a temporary assignment based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire. The pay rate is £10.32 per hour, full-time Monday to Friday - 37 hours per week. This post requires an ASAP start, expected to last until 29 March 2019.
This position is based in one of the fastest developing areas in the South East, offering a fantastic location, fast connections into London and excellent local facilities. The public-sector company is committed to providing an excellent service to its residents and businesses and they look for its people to be just as committed to making a positive difference.
As an ICT Service Desk Analyst, you will be working as a member of a busy ICT Service Desk team required to:
Provide 1st / 2nd Line ICT technical user support for all staff, members and third parties based at the Offices and other remote locations.
Work as a member of a busy helpdesk team providing high quality customer server and advice.
Ensure that an excellent first line support, solutions and advice service is offered to ICT customers.
Ensure that these services are delivered within the framework of quality standards, performance targets, budgetary control and legislative requirements.
Work in collaboration with other services, and senior management to ensure that services are joined up appropriately and are aligned to the achievement of the Company's aims and objectives.
- Staff the ICT Service Desk on a rota basis to answer, evaluate and prioritise incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking and other ICT related technologies with a view to resolving as many as possible at first line.
- Resolve reported incidents and communicate resolution to users.
- Be part of a team providing stand-by duty and call out technical service to users on a rota basis.
- Attend such courses that are deemed appropriate to promote your technical and personal development.
As an ICT Service Desk Analyst, you all also be required to:
- Analyse problems, research potential solutions, isolate issues and refer complex problems to senior technical staff.
- Checking backups to confirm they have completed successfully and cycling of backup media as required.
- Initiating BACS/DD payments.
- Analyse and specific requirements, providing quotations for customers.
- Raise purchase orders for ICT equipment, ensuring orders are received, keeping the Finance systems up to date, passing invoices for payment.
- Install or assist in the installation of hardware and peripheral components such as PC's, monitors, keyboards, printers, memory and disk drives as required.
- Install standard software such as Microsoft Office, Windows Operating Systems, specific Council business software and utilities as requested.
- Desktop, laptop and printer hardware repair and maintenance as required. This includes tracking of items still under warranty and sending items away for service as required.
- Carry out general administrative duties including adding/removing users from Active Directory, permissions and profile management, maintaining inventories and other internal databases.
- Act in both a 1st and 2nd line capacity taking responsibility and ownership of calls through to completion.
Skills & Abilities required for this post:
- Ability to administer Microsoft Active Directory including creating new user accounts
- Provide user access to various line of business applications
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft product range including Office, Lync, Exchange, SQL, Visio, Project, File & Print servers and SharePoint
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware issues, upgrade and replace computer components, upgrade software products and build PCs from a standard build
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to explain complex/technical solutions clearly to customers
- Experience of providing good customer care and being customer-focused
- 2 years' experience of 2nd line call resolution including experience of working with Active Directory and a wide range of Microsoft products
- Able to navigate around desks, work with cabling, lift boxes containing computer equipment and carry out organised equipment moves
- Full driving licence valid in UK preferred for ability to visit remote sites
- A DBS check will be required for this post
In return the ICT Service Desk Analyst will receive an hourly salary of £10.32 per hour, full-time Monday to Friday - 37 hours per week.
Pertemps are able to offer an excellent rate of pay, holiday pay and a pension scheme to those who are PAYE, weekly pay, online payslips and online timesheets all within a supportive environment for you to work with good transport links.
If you are interested in this great career opportunity, please apply.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Customer Service Administrator
£15800 - £16200 per annum
IT Helpdesk Analyst
Pudsey, West Yorkshire
Up to £9 per hour + Pay progression, Flex pay, Bonus
Applications Systems Manager
Mutually convenient ALE office - See our website for ALE locations
Competitive, based on experience
2nd/3rd Line desktop support engineer
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Junior Sys & Net Admin
£23000 - £25000 per annum