Hygiene Operative Weekends
|Job Title:||Hygiene Operative Weekends|
|Salary:||£8.21 - £8.21|
|Start Date:||2019-06-14 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Money|
|Job Published:||June 14, 2019 14:16|
We currently have an opportunity for a Hygiene Operative to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Main responsibilities
- Ensure complete knowledge of all areas which are to be cleaned across the site.
- Responsible for work allocation to the cleaning team and to coach hygiene team on standards required.
- Ensure all areas are cleaned efficiently and in a timely manner to the required standards following agreed cleaning procedures - this to include daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
- Carry out regular control checks to monitor cleaner’s performance to finished standards.
- Cascade information from meetings back to the cleaning operatives.
- Use cleaning chemicals safely as detailed by the Control of Substances Hazardous to health guidelines (COSHH).
- Ensure all cleaning equipment is kept clean & maintained in safe working order.
- Ensure full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and agents and use cleaning equipment as directed by the Hygiene Manager only after correct training is given.
- Report immediately any equipment which is faulty, mark as faulty and do not use.
- Ensure that the safety signage is used appropriately at all times wet floor signs and “warn” employees where possible.
- Ensure that cleaning stores are kept clean and tidy and equipment is stored correctly and safely at all times.
- Comply with all company regulations for cleaning materials, equipment and buildings.
- Monitor levels of cleaning material stocks where appropriate so that replacement/new supplies can be re-ordered.
- Inform the Hygiene Manager of any potential hazards on site or infringements of Health & Safety rules/food safety rules.
- Attend training courses and meetings as necessary to maintain standards and assist in carrying out the job role efficiently.
- To co-ordinate requests for annual leave from all members of the hygiene team.
- Provide suitable cover in other areas in times of sickness and holidays when requested.
- To ensure any on-going work/issues are effectively communicated at shift handovers.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures including reporting any incidences of absence promptly according to the company absence procedure.
- Comply with all Company & statutory Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH procedures. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place.
- To attend to any reasonable management request.
- Report and take necessary action for any incidents of fire, theft, loss, damage, or other accidents.
- To wear PPE as appropriate to the task.
- To complete all records, check sheets and other documentation in a timely manner on a daily/weekly basis.
- To ensure all laundry related duties required by the business are carried out by the hygiene team.
- Ensure vending machines are checked and stocked.
- Experience in working in a cleaning team.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills.
- Experience working in a standards /compliance environment.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's