|Location||Abbey Wood||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£42000 - £45000 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
Forming part of the high voltage maintenance team you will assist the SAP in delivering the maintenance, isolation and returning to service of HV electrical equipment in a safe and efficient manner. You will also be fault finding and repairing HV and LV equipment. This specialist role will be looking after a large number of water and wastewater high voltage assets across 70 sites within the catchment area between Luton, London, Dartford and Essex.
Day to day duties will include:
- Delivering front line maintenance to high voltage equipment and associated assets on water production and wastewater treatment sites across the entire catchment area. High voltage assets include distribution transformers, motors, alternators, circuit breakers and battery systems.
- Supervising working parties of staff or contractors during maintenance activities.
- Observing requirements of electrical safety rules and company health and safety policy.
- Housekeeping and grounds maintenance of indoor and outdoor substations, maintaining ancillary equipment.
- Undertaking appropriate training and authorisation under our safety rules as senior authorised person (SAP).
- To be customer focused and appreciate the needs of the various parts of the business.
- Formal electrical trade qualifications and experience in a relevant industrial engineering environment, including maintenance and fault finding is essential.
- Applicants with formal training in electrical technology or craft training will also be considered.
- We are seeking a technician with a good working knowledge of general health and safety requirements and electrical safety procedures.
- You will possess good inter-personal and communication skills, be numerate and literate. Basic IT skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision is essential.
- Due to the nature of this role, a valid UK driving licence is also essential.
This role can offer you a technically interesting career, development, progression and the responsibility of mentoring colleagues and trainees. You will be working as part of a diligent and dynamic team and be exposed to the beautiful country which surrounds the sites you’ll be travelling to daily. You will be given the great opportunity to be trained as a senior authorised person (SAP). The post requires flexibility and a commitment to work extended hours should the need arise.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by suppling 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.