Human Factors Consultant
- Job Reference: 00027471-1
- Date Posted: 15 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Moor Row, Cumbria
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
Estimated Duration –c4-6 months
Cumbria, CA24 3TP
A Human Factors Consultant is required to support a large nuclear project based in Cumbria. This role has been deemed inside IR35.
1. Are you a proven Human Factors Consultant with experience of support nuclear or other highly regulated industry related projects?
2. Do you have experience in the Assessment of Environmental Ergonomics?
3. Do you have experience in the Input into the content and development of Operator and Maintenance Instructions and Training?
4. Are you looking for a part-time role up to 4 days per week or can offer ad-hoc services?
This role is important to support the project readiness to transition into inactive safety commissioning and active commissioning and continue to support readiness for operations. Specifically, outstanding activities from the project HF scope and strategy (HF Integration Plan) including:
* Input into the content and development of Operator and Maintainer Training;
* Assessment of Environmental Ergonomics
* Plant walkthroughs to assess ‘local operability’ and installation of HMIs
* HF assessment of Workload, Staffing, Command and Control arrangements
* HF Issues Management - Support the prioritisation and resolution of HF issues/improvements.
* HF Assessment of Electronic Development System (electronic system to replace paper-based systems for conduct of operations and communications)
* Attendance and support to operational trials during Inactive Safety Commissioning
* Further HF substantiation (building on extant assessments) to address outstanding issues
The role is equivalent to 0.8 FTE with the view to an immediate start, through to the End of March 2021. However, applications from experienced HF Specialists who have partial availability in the short term are welcomed and considered on a case by case basis.
The work will predominantly require integrating with the pre-operations and project teams based at Sellafield. It is essential to spend a proportion of time co-located with those teams at Sellafield to perform the assessments and familiarise with the plant, recognising the importance of flexibility in remote working during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business