- Job Reference: 00039626-1
- Date Posted: 18 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Andover, Hampshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Construction, Trades & Services, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
My client is a leading environmental specialist working in contracting, consultancy and ecological services to a wide range of clients. They now have an exciting opportunity for an HSQE Advisor to work in the Hampshire area as well as other sites in the UK, so a full UK driving license is essential. The main purpose of this role is to provide quality, health, safety and environmental advice and support across the company.
The Main Duties for this role are:
• Conduct site visits, inspections & formal HSQE audits & reviews across all areas of the business.
• Risk assessments & safe working practice compliance / traffic management controls / COVID-19 compliance / condition & use of vehicles & plant / vehicle & pedestrian
segregation (including members of the public) / waste management control procedures / quality assurance standards & records / use of PPE
• Ensure all site documents records are completed fully & accurately – Site Quality Assurance Records, HSQE inspection reports, Drivers Vehicle Inspection & Defect Reports
• Understanding and implementing reviews and or investigations for third party tier 1 contractor clients with a presence on-site
• Complete incident reports & incident investigations
• Flexible, pragmatic and common sense approach to work
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills – written, verbal & IT competence (Word / Excel / PowerPoint) will be required
• Capacity to work effectively in a fast paced, pressured environment
• A determined & resilient character
• Multisite experience and ability to work with multiple stakeholders at all levels (including tier 1 contractors)
• Excellent time management and logical decision-making ability
• Previous experience working with HSQE responsibilities within a construction / civil engineering/highways environment is desirable
• NEBOSH General Certificate or NEBOSH Construction or equivalent is required
• Member of OHS professional body (desirable)
• Full UK Driving License
• Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
What is in it for you?
• Clear career progression
• Varied projects and clients, fantastic exposure and on the job learning
• Annual training budget
• support in gaining professional memberships and chartership where appropriate.
• A Salary of £33,000 - £40,000 + package
• Remote working will temporarily due to Covid-19