The Health, Safety and Environment ("HSE") manager role requires the proactive management of all aspects of HSE related matters across several UK sites. The role involves developing, directing, monitoring and maintaining the Group's HSE activities, policies and procedures to protect our staff and third parties, mitigate against risk and comply with HSE requirements and standards.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Review and managing the HSE business management systems with a focus on integration with existing corporate business management systems e.g. Quality, and compliance with ISO standards
* Devise, monitor and promote cross site HSE surveillance and improvement initiatives
* Create and manage a data management system to facilitate the administration and scheduled review of HSE records including investigations, inspections, training, risk assessments and PPE
* Leadership and management of corporate safety officer activities to include safety coordination, fire safety and first aid roles
* Participate in cross site safety inspections
* Proactively maintain an up to date knowledge of HSE legislation and best practice
* Provide interpretative performance and management reports and/or present on HSE activities
* Represent the organisationI at meetings of external industry bodies and events
Qualifications and competencies
* Degree in a relevant discipline and / or education to minimum 'A' level or equivalent standard
* NEBOSH National Diploma
* Technical membership of the Institute of Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent professional organisation with an active CPD programme.
* Several years' experience of working in a tactical H&S role either at a managerial or senior advisor level.
* Demonstrable experience of implementation and compliance with relevant ISO standards, particularly ISO 45001.
* Practical use of risk assessment methodologies (including COSHH) and continuous improvement techniques.
* Experienced at identifying and implementing innovative approaches to risk reduction.
* Demonstrated ability to set the vision and lead operational and strategic HSE strategies