Salary up to £30,000 DOE
Monday - Friday 37 Hours
Prince Personnel are proud to be recruiting for an established manufacturing business based in Bridgnorth. They are now looking for a HR Officer to join their HR team on a temp-to-perm basis. This is a real HR generalist role where you will deliver a high level of services and operational HR advice across all HR disciplines consistent with company and legal requirements.
Responsibilities and duties will include, but not limited to:
* Provide generalist HR advice to line managers to ensure compliance with employment legislation, HR policies and procedures
* Provide day to day support and advice to employees on all HR matters
* Advise and support with employee relations case management, including grievance and disciplinary investigations and hearings, absence and performance management procedures, and take minutes where required
* Assist the HR Manager in the review and development of HR policies and procedures in line with current legislation
* Ensure that employee electronic records are accurately recorded and maintained on the TMS & HR Manager Mitrefinch databases
* Produce ad-hoc reports as required
* Ensure that the starter and leaver process is accurately administered
* Deliver inductions and ensure all new starters receive a full induction & all necessary documentation is received
* Effectively co-ordinate recruitment and selection processes to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness including preparing job profiles and adverts, liaising with agencies, sending out application forms, responding to requests for information from candidates, arranging and attending interviews & assessments
* Co-ordinate training, including course booking, issue of joining instructions and maintaining accurate training records
* Ensure scheduling of any training that requires renewal
* Support the HR Manager and Training & Development Manager in devising the 12 month Company training plan
* Ensure return to work interviews are completed
* Manage effectively long-term and short-term sickness absence cases
* Use effectively the Occupational Health resource to support absence management
* Be responsible for processing new appointments and changes to existing employment contracts, including issuing of offers of employment and statements of particulars
* Provide advice to employees and managers on HR queries relating to terms and conditions of employment e.g. notice periods; pay rates
Skills and Experience
* Good IT skills and experience of using a computerised HR system are essential to this role.
* Experience of working with and handling confidential data.
* Strong knowledge of employment law.
* Able to maintain high standards of work and meet deadlines.
* A capable team player who is able to liaise with people at all levels.
* Promotes equality, inclusion and anti-discriminatory practice - treating people with respect and according to individual need; challenges inappropriate behaviour and practices.
* Accepts responsibility for own work activities, behaviour and personal development
* Associate membership (or above) of the CIPD is desirable for this role (or equivalent qualification)
* Previous experience of working as a generalist human resources practitioner is essential for this role
* Experience of working in the manufacturing sector would be advantageous
The application process:
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we're able to progress with your application within 72 working hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won't be retained. So, if you're not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.
Prince Personnel are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Whether you're seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you'll find us easy to deal with. Located in thriving Telford, we focus on jobs in Shropshire, Staffordshire and North Wales. Prince Personnel specialise in commercial, accounts and finance and technical recruitment. With the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.