|Job Title:||HR Officer|
|Salary:||£26000.00 - £30000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Coral Jenkins|
|Job Published:||March 15, 2019 13:54|
Reporting to the CEO your responsibilities will be:
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation.
- Ensure a strict level of confidentiality as commensurate with a HR role in all forms including electronically, written form and verbally.
- Recruit staff and volunteers, which includes but is not limited to developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Develop and implement policies on issues such as but not limited to working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Assist Line Managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Liaise with a range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety.
- Prepare staff handbooks.
- Deal with grievance and disciplinary processes.
- Advise on pay and other remuneration issues, including pension, promotion and benefits.
Discuss, where necessary, issues relating to pay and conditions with staff and their representatives.
- Contribute to salary review processes.
- Administer aspects of payroll.
- Maintain, develop and audit staff records.
- Maintain, develop and audit HR reports and statistics, e.g. absence, etc.
- Interpret and advise on employment law.
- Develop HR planning strategies, which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements within the charity and social care sector.
- Plan and analyse training needs and where necessary deliver training, including inductions for new staff.
- Evaluate HR services through review and feedback processes.
- Manage databases both internal and external.
- Ensure that all matters and progress of work tasks are appropriately reported to the CEO within agreed timescales and prepare monthly reports for the CEO.
- Attend meetings, take minutes and distribute when necessary and appropriate.
- Ensure staff welfare and support; and planning community events.
- Ensure that all work is compliant with GDPR and policies and procedures.Ensure that filing and other administration duties are carried out to an accurate and high standard.
- Contribute to the general running of the administration office, in collaboration with colleagues.
Person specification and qualifications:
- Good standard of education.
- Partially completed or working towards a CIPD qualification.
- Knowledge of relevant employment and equalities legislation.
- High levels of numeracy with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Manage own workload and meet tight deadlines, often under pressure.
- Tact and diplomacy to work with confidential information and build relationships.
- Proven experience of working in a busy office in a HR role.
- Managing payroll and pensions and calculating staff entitlements and benefits.
- Managing computerised HR database and other office systems and using them to collate and analyse data.
- Excellent IT skills, to include all applications within Microsoft Office.
- Working as an integral part of a team.
- Providing quality first-level HR advice and knowing when to escalate.
- Commitment to equal opportunities practice and behaviour.
- Self-confident, pragmatic person who manages well under pressure.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Clear thinking and process-orientated.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Able to take the initiative as well as work collaboratively within a team.
- Flexible, with good problem-solving skills.
- Confidentiality and an understanding of appropriate boundaries.
- Empathy and a desire to promote the well-being of people with learning disabilities.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's