|Salary||£20400 - £25000 per annum||Sector||Recruitment & HR|
You will own the delivery of a best in class customer experience, providing advisory and administrative HR services across the employee lifecycle. Tasks include:
- You will act as a first point of contact for our internal customer enquiries via a number of customer communication channels. I.e. telephone, e-mail etc.
- You will maintain data using company specific systems ensuring that records are accurate, up-to-date and in accordance with GDPR.
- Part of your role includes you generating and issuing formal documentation, such as employment contracts.
- Additional tasks include you undertaking ad-hoc project work when required.
- On a daily basis you will be communicating with a broad range of people, helping them with a wide variety of queries, and providing them with an excellent customer service.
We are seeking candidates with strong customer services skills, with excellent attention to detail. You will be educated to GCSE level or equivalent. The ideal candidate will have the ability to multi-task & work under pressure, with effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Additional skills that are preferable, but not essential are:
- Practical knowledge of HR processes (e.g. recruitment, payroll, employee Life cycle, organisational management and leavers.
- Experience using SAP and Microsoft packages such as Word and Excel.
- Previous HR experience is desirable, however, this is not essential as full training will be provided.
You will be working in a fast paced, dynamic team with ample opportunity to make a difference. This unique opportunity allows you to play a major part in supporting the operation of our clients HR Services, which provide essential and integral support to over 6,500 employees.
This is a great opportunity to join a busy HR services team in a large organisation. This is an ideal position for anyone looking to either start a career in HR or to build upon your current HR knowledge. Equally, if you are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and have the ability and passion to learn and retain information we’d also like to hear from you.
Our offices are conveniently located within a few minutes’ walk from Reading train station and a short drive from the M4 motorway.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.