|Salary||£65000 - £70000 per annum||Sector||Recruitment & HR|
We are looking for experienced HR Business Partners to join our Customer Experience and Group Functions HR team. The roles will be based in Reading with some travel required to our Swindon office.
The roles will be supporting the Head of HR to develop and deliver our people agenda and associated activities in our Operational and Digital business areas.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Design, development and delivery of the people agenda through the implementation of a defined people plan which supports the delivery of the overall business plan
- Responsible for aligning the people change activities with the wider organisational delivery plans
- Driving improvements in organisational capability by challenging management groups to drive a performance management culture delivering a step change in approach
- An experienced HR Generalist who has operated as a strategic HR Business Partner in complex, large organisations.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Significant experience of partnering and influencing senior leadership teams.
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of proactive HR delivery with business areas/client groups and can understand the business challenges and translate these into a strategic people plan.
- For one of the opportunities previous experience of working within operational areas where transforming customer outcomes has been critical to organisational success, would be beneficial.
- Our other opportunity lends itself best to someone with in depth experience of working with Digital teams.
- You’ll need to be comfortable ‘rolling up your sleeves’ as well as working individually to get things done.
- CIPD qualified, or equivalent is essential.
It’s an exciting time to join Thames Water. The industry is transforming and at pace. We have a challenging agenda to deliver on our 5-year business plan for 2020-2025 and the people change agenda is pivotal to the success of this and you can be part of this amazing journey.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme, car allowance, a performance related bonus of up to 20% of your base salary, private medical insurance for you and your family, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.