|Salary||£43938 per annum||Sector||Miscellaneous|
This is a fixed term contract to start ASAP until the end of December 2019 and will pay £43,938 pro rota.
The role of the HR Business Partner will be to foster constructive working relationships with senior management and middle managers in support of the achievement of shared organisational objectives, in particular supporting and implementing HR systems, processes and practice that support the organisations strategic aims, objectives, and operational plans, working in conjunction with the Organisational Development team and in partnership with recognised trade union representatives. The main duties of the HR Business Partner will include:
- Providing a proactive and comprehensive HR service to managers and external clients up to and including Executive Directors in conjunction with the relevant HR support roles; particularly the provision of confidential advice and guidance on a range of complex employment relations enquiries in line with relevant policies, procedures, and UK legislation, working in partnership with recognised trade union representatives wherever appropriate.
- Providing expert advice and assistance with the planning and implementation of any change processes in line with the relevant management of change policy and UK legislation, producing documents for staff as relevant. Working with senior managers to complete business cases and frameworks which will help define the case for change as required.
- Managing the work of the HR Adviser across the full range of activities within the designated areas, supporting them to provide expert advice to managers on employee relations cases, including absence management and performance management issues with a view to facilitating the employees return to work or desired improvement in performance, as relevant.
- Mapping and analysing end-to-end processes, understand blockages and opportunities and drive continuous improvement towards excellence in service delivery, including customer satisfaction, response times, cost reduction and streamlining processes.
- Challenging and supporting managers to deal with difficult people issues in a fair, straightforward manner and without delay.
- Holds a level 7 qualification in human resources management, or equivalent experience
- Holds CIPD membership and actively maintains up to date and comprehensive knowledge of HR practice
- High level of knowledge of good practice HR processes/policies and a strong working knowledge of employment legislation
- Experienced in effectively working at a strategic level to support the business to achieve its aims and objectives through its people.
- Experience in successfully identifying and implementing suitable HR interventions to support management actions and drive continual improvement
- Experienced in successfully managing a generalist HR caseload including sickness absence, performance management, employment relations, fixed term contracts, managing change and flexible working
- Delivering HR practice related presentations/training sessions
- Effective staff management, both individually and in teams, setting clear expectations and tackling conduct and/or capability concerns
- Able to use a variety of software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint