Housing Support Manager
- Job Reference: 00038811-1
- Date Posted: 12 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Leeds
- Salary: £25,000 to £30,000
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Housing Support Manager
Hours: Mondays to Fridays (9.00am to 5.30pm)
Salary: £25000 to £30000 depending on level of experience (+ weekends & bank holidays)
We are currently seeking an experienced Manager to lead a team of Housing Support Workers based in Leeds. The key areas of this role is to monitor / record / audit all reports done by the Housing Support Worker, manage all staff / office activities, report to stakeholder / partners / senior management on all aspects of the business and other tasks involving to role. This is to maintain and develop a supported housing service for those suffering from homelessness and / or drug and alcohol addiction.
Housing Support Manager Job Purpose:
1. To manage a caring team which will consider, construct and implement individual support plans;
2. Exercise over-all responsibility for the welfare of occupants, staff and property;
3. To undertake and manage the provision of supervision and support to occupants;
4. Sustain positive working relationships with relevant statutory and voluntary agencies;
5. To initiate, supervise and participate in the progression of individual support planning in respect of each occupant;
6. To ensure that proper procedures are followed in relation to referrals, assessments, support and move on in order to achieve the purpose of the accommodation, which is to help those suffering from homelessness and/or drug or alcohol addiction achieve control over their lives and begin the road to independence.
7. To participate in monitoring occupants? Progress and undertake to give verbal and written reports to the Director as required.
8. To ensure conformity to any regulatory requirements with the assistance and support of staff and Director as required.
9. To sustain a programme of regular staff supervision.
10. In conjunction with other staff in the organisation formulate a programme of training for staff members on a yearly basis, within the available budget, aimed at having an appropriately qualified staff in all areas.
11. Oversee the administration and maintenance of occupancy agreements providing information and advice on occupancy issues as they arise.
12. Action any failures of occupancy compliance in cases where an eviction/termination notice is proposed against an occupant. Occupant Participation
13. Oversee, liaise, consult with, and actively advance occupants meetings, encouraging participation in decision-making processes that affect the running of the property.
14. Oversee and encourage occupant participation and ensure occupants play a part in the smooth running of the accommodation. Rent Collection (Rent includes licence fee)
15. Oversee the inspection and reporting of day-to-day repairs and estate maintenance.
16. Ensure that repairs and estate maintenance issues are identified and appropriate action taken and implemented with Director’s approval.
17. Liaise with relevant authorities and the Director of the organisation to ensure that all aspects of health and safety are implemented, including ensuring that fire drills are carried out as required.
18. Oversee that the property is maintained in a secure condition, monitoring regular checks on the property and ensuring that outside doors are secure.
19. Oversee all occupancy applications and property viewings.
This job description is a broad picture of the post at the date of preparation. It is not an exhaustive list of all possible duties and it is recognised that jobs change and evolve over time. Consequently, the post-holder will be required to carry out any other duties to the equivalent level that are necessary to fulfil the purpose of the job.
The posts requires the successful candidate to work as flexibly as required to meet the needs of the service and client group. This will include some early evening and weekend work.
Closing date: 12pm – Monday, 5th of April 2021
Any appointment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory references and enhanced DBS check.
We regret that we are unable to reply individually to candidates who are not short listed, but would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in our organization.
Interview: Please note that due to current circumstances related to the coronavirus outbreak, the recruitment and selection process will be conduct under the covid-19 guidelines