|Job Title:||Housing Officer|
|Salary:||Up to £13.72 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Judyta Celewicz|
|Job Published:||December 19, 2018 11:24|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic and motivated Experienced Housing Officer to work within the Public Sector in Exeter!
Start date: January 2019
The anticipated contract duration will be until 31/03/2019.
The post is full-time and working 37 hours per week.
Pay rate: £13.72 p/h + DOE
Duties will include:
- Tenancy and neighbourhood management.
- Regular inspections of all properties and neighbourhoods.
- Regularly reviewing flexible tenancies.
- Resident involvement.
- Tackling anti-social behaviour (ASB).
- Establish a new relationship with tenants.
Project delivery, budget control and performance management:
- Provide data as requested to be used in performance management, policy and financial planning.
- Act within budgets.
- Proactively identify and report any potential budget and other risks.
- Deliver high levels of customer service.
- Make any recommendations for changes in working practices as necessary.
- Identify potential new members of the Performance Scrutiny Partnership.
Internal and external communication:
- Be a point of contact for tenants, leaseholders, landlords and other members of the public.
- Maintain and develop good working relationships.
- Represent the Council at Court in respect of tenancy, ASB and other issues providing statements and giving evidence.
- A professional qualification to HNC level in a relevant discipline or substantial proven relevant experience.
- Experience of housing management service (ideally for a minimum of 3 years) with a social landlord and demonstrable knowledge of the key challenges involved in this work.
- IT experience both in relevant programmes (e.g. Word, Excel, Access. PowerPoint etc) and in using appropriate systems to deliver operational outcomes.
- Experience of, and commitment to, resident involvement.
- Experience in case managing reports of anti-social behaviour.
- Proven knowledge of housing legislation and landlord and tenant law and ideally have experience of preparing and presenting cases or giving evidence in court.
- Knowledge of risk management including lone working and health and safety.
- Good negotiation and listening skills to be used for example for dealing with disputes / complaints between tenants or between tenants and the authorities.
The post does not require a driving licence.
For further details, including the job description and selection criteria please contact our Tiverton Branch on 01884 242 255 or email your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Housing Advice & Assesment Officer
£16.64 - £16.94 per hour
Temporary Communications Officer
£12.00 - £13.00 per hour
Prison Custody Officer (PCO)
£25,390.64 this then increases to £26,415.92 after 12 months and successful completion of apprenticeship
City Improvement Officer
£19145 - £19171 per annum
Probation Service Officer/Responsible Officer (Band 3) - Advertised on behalf of BeNCH CRC
Band 3 salary commencing at £23,039 per annum