Housing Advice & Assesment Officer
|Job Title:||Housing Advice & Assesment Officer|
|Salary:||£16.64 - £16.94 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-06-21 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Margo Priego-Guzman|
|Job Published:||June 21, 2019 10:00|
Location: Harrow, HA1 2XY
Employer: Pertemps Recruitment for Harrow Council
Contract Type: Temp
A fantastic opportunity within Harrow Council for an experienced, self-motivated Housing Advice & Assessment Officer to join our expanding team.
We are seeking two enthusiastic and committed individuals to join us as a Housing Advice & Assessment Officer for a temporary assignment.
In return we pay a competitive rate of £16.64, other benefits include excellent training and support for career development and 20 days holiday (excluding Bank Holidays).
You will be working 36 hours per week between 9.00am-17.00pm, Monday to Friday.
To be successful for the Housing Advice and Assessment Officer role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
- Knowledge of Homelessness legislation (parts VI and VII of the Housing Act 1996, as amended by the Homelessness Act 2002 and the Homelessness Code of Guidance).
- Knowledge of Housing Act 1988 as amended, Protection from Eviction Act as amended and other legislation relevant to private sector landlord & tenant law, home ownership and mortgages.
- Experience of dealing with people face to face in stressful situations.
- Experience of giving housing advice to prevent homelessness and/or assessing homeless applications.
- Able to demonstrate sensitivity to people's individual needs, to act appropriately in dealing with the needs of people from minority groups and to identify the actions that can be taken to overcome barriers faced by different sections of Harrow's diverse community.
- Numeracy skills, including the ability to undertake financial analyses (e.g. rent affordability) of the circumstances of potentially homeless households.
- Able to demonstrate creativity and provide workable solutions to people's housing problems and develop new initiatives to prevent homelessness.
- To contribute to the provision of high performing customer centred financial assessment service as one of a team delivering financial assistance towards the rent, Council Tax, and social care cost of some 21000 households (1 in 5) who are the most vulnerable residents in the Borough against a background of ever changing regulations and guidance.
- To ensure the service achieves its maximum Comprehensive Performance Assessment (CPA) as it contributes to both the Use of Resources Assessment and the Council's overall CPA score.
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's