|Job Title:||Housekeeping/Cleaning Supervisor|
|Salary:||Up to £9.10 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Xavier Ayling-Brasnell|
|Job Published:||January 22, 2019 16:46|
Housekeeping / Cleaning Supervisor
£9.10 per hour
Temporary to Permanent - Derriford
Acorn is recruiting for a Supervisor based in Derriford.
The purpose of the job will be to ensure an effective and efficient Hotel Service is delivered within the clinical area for which you are responsible for.
Hosuekeeping/Cleaneing Supervisor you will:
- Supervise and provide support to the Cleaning Assistants, Ward Housekeepers, Ward Hostesses and Porters within the area.
- Effectively deploy staff and resources to ensure a high quality of service delivery.
- Ensure food hygiene, patient meals, cleanliness and hygiene standards within the hospital environment are monitored and maintained.
- Ensure all waste is removed correctly and all help desk requests are assigned and completed within the correct time scales.
- Assist the Patient Services Managers in areas relevant to their training and experience.
Main duties / responsibilities:
- Ensure an effective and efficient cleaning, portering, catering and housekeeping service is provided to all ward and department areas, demonstrating high standards of customer service at all times.
- Ensure any request for Hospital Room Contamination gets actioned. (Trained staff to carry out pre-clean and Bioquell trained staff to fog the area).
- Ensure allocation of staff is cost-effective, all documentation to be completed daily. (Allocation, Overtime and Signing on sheets)
- To attend daily infection control meetings as well as outbreak meetings as required ensuring any information received is actioned.
- Ensure that all areas within sphere of control are appropriately resourced and that staff are proactively supervised in the undertaking of their duties.
- Ensure that all staff have access to the appropriate resources and equipment to carry out their role.
- Ensure that staff complete their tasks to the standard determined in work schedules and to escalate any ongoing issues to the Patient Services Manager as necessary.
- Ensure that cleaning staff carry out on request, full cleaning of any spillages including body spillages in any internal area of the hospital and externally to a distance of 5m for any entrance.
- Ensure housekeeping staff are ordering correct amount of meals, weekly stores orders, equipment checks and signing off appropriate check sheets.
- Ensure porters complete allocated tasks in the required timescale in accordance to their job descriptions.
- Monitor and record sickness and absence, undertaking return to work interviews with staff following periods of sickness or absence and manage ongoing periods of absence in line with the sickness policy.
- Carry out cleanliness and meal audits in line with the agreed timetable and take appropriate action where a shortfall in standards is identified.
- Monitor the performance of, and where necessary, coach less experienced members of the team to ensure standards are maintained.
- Take appropriate action where a team member's performance falls below the required standards in line with the Company's Disciplinary, Appeals and Grievance Procedures.
- Ensure Health and Safety standards are maintained in the department and ensure effective implementation of Health and safety Policies and Procedures.
- Carry out Risk Assessments as requested with the support of the Patient Services Manager where necessary.
- Assist in the development of Safe Work Instructions where these are deemed necessary.
- Carry out Health and Safety inspections as necessary and to take corrective action where issues have been raised.
- Ensure all staff comply with relevant policies and procedures and in particular those that relate to Plymouth Hospitals NHS trusts infection control and waste handling polices.
- Undertake other ad-hoc duties as prescribed by the Patient Services Managers and within the scope of skill and capability.
Knowledge, training and experience required to do the job:
- Certificate in ILM or equivalent.
- Level 3 food Hygiene.
- Fire Safety Awareness.
- Good interpersonal / negotiating / problem-solving skills / supervisory skill NVQ 3 Customer Service.
- Lead by example and the willingness to perform any tasks necessary.
- A positive attitude.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Computer literate.
If you are the right applicant for this position please click apply now or call Acorn on 01752 265 500 to fast track your application
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's