|Salary||£25,000 - £28,000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
We are currently looking to recruit a Hotel Services Manager manage the day to day delivery of all services on site at Ellen’s Glen Hospital, Edinburgh.
We require a ‘hands on’ team player with great customer service skills to manage a team as they deliver the highest possible standard of food service, cleanliness and portering for patients, visitors and staff.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.Main responsibilities
- Day to day management responsibility for the operational management of the contracted services within the site, ensuring services are delivered efficiently and in line with the contract and statutory obligations.
- Day to day efficient management of all relevant employees including management of operational budgets and SLA’s
- Develop and maintain good working relationships
- Contribute towards service development at site.
- Assist as required in the preparation, production and presentation of all meals and services to Sodexo’s standards and procedures
- Ensure the quality of all the services is maintained at the required level as set out in the SLA’s
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction are monitored, measured and managed
- Manage clients proactively, ensuring their expectations are exceeded, and effectively communicate all client needs and business opportunities within the Sodexo team
- Assist with recruitment, training and management of staff, including personal development, reward and recognition, appraisals, health & safety, and communication of shared goals
- Assist with ordering of all goods and stock control and the monthly close of books
- Comply with all Company & Client policies, site rules and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH
- Assume responsibility for the establishment in the absence of the manager
- Supervise the staff in their tasks and assist to organise their hours and rota's
- Comprehensive experience of working in a management role within the soft FM service industry
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
- Adaptable, flexible and resilient
- People management skills including general HR skills in recruitment, training and managing employee performance including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Able to analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- Food safety qualification to CIEH Level 3
- Experience of budget management
- Ability to work on own initiative with a drive to succeed.
- Previous experience working in food production would be beneficial
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.