Hospitality Manager (Mess Manager)
|Job Title:||Hospitality Manager (Mess Manager)|
|Salary:||up to £26,000|
|Start Date:||2019-07-12 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Nicholls|
|Job Published:||July 12, 2019 16:31|
We are currently looking to recruit a Mess Manager (Hospitality Manager) to oversee the combined Mess at Denison Barracks. In this role you will be responsible for managing day to day mess operations including the management of events and functions.
You are responsible for driving all aspects of service excellence within your mess including service standards, brand integrity, quality, compliance and Sodexo’s corporate social responsibility.
You must ensure that you and your team work to the highest standards of service excellence ensuring the service provided is above and beyond the customer’s needs.
Competitive salary plus benefits including pension, option to 'buy' additional flexible benefits such as holidays & healthcare.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbusterMain responsibilities
- Effective management of the Mess operation, including the preparation and execution of events, functions and dinners
- Manage and develop the Mess team to ensure that we delivery a great customer experience
- Contribution to gross profit and improvements to budget performance as determined by segment business objectives
- Revenue growth and delivery of year on year performance in your business area
- Year on year balanced scorecard improvement in health & safety; environment; risk; client satisfaction; and quality
- Operational excellence in labour management and performance
- Employee engagement and IIP
- Previous catering and hospitality management experience
- Experience of managing a team in a similar operation
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Proven experience in hospitality sector, including stock management, cash control and customer service
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Hospitality & Events Manager
£29000 - £29000
Hospitality and Events Manager
£32,000 - £35,000
Hospitality and Events Manager
Up to £40,000 dependant on experience
Assistant Hospitality and Events Manager
Up to £28,000
Hospitality & catering
£8.50 - £10 per hour, Benefits: Annual leave included as holiday