|Salary||Up to £27,000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Hospitality Manager to join the management team based at The Signet Library in Edinburgh. The role will involve managing the Heritage Portfolio event business and ensure the timely and efficient planning and service delivery of all event offers to client’s and Heritage Portfolio’s satisfaction.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
Up to £27,000
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.Main responsibilities
- Ensure all event planning, operational and kitchen service delivery functions for The Signet Library contracts, are in place using the resources available from the general Manager
- Manage all quality control measures, Health & Safety and Hygiene systems to the desired standard of Heritage Portfolio
- To understand and articulate service offers to venue clients, customers and the Heritage Portfolio team
- To lead innovation and service styles that drives positive PR, positive client feedback, increased revenues or win new business
- To play an active part within the wider events team – contribute to team activities, discussions and decisions to grow and improve the Heritage Portfolio business
- To articulate the service offers for each event, the food element, the equipment, the flow and the customer experience to improve the Heritage Portfolio business
- To recruit, train and develop team members as appropriate to their job role and growth
- Work closely and collaboratively with The General Manager and the Heritage Portfolio Event Planning Support, based in the Sales Cluster at Head Office to oversee all Event Design functions.
- Provide yourself as the Heritage Portfolio Senior management point of contact for the venue and venue client and attend venue meetings
- On a day to day basis assist The Signet Library team with site inspections and proposal generation as required.
- A passionate interest in the catering industry – knowledge of current trend and interest in the hospitality world
- Demonstrable experience in a high volume catering environment
- A competent communicator and ability to present to colleagues, peers and clients
- Evidence of being organised and possess excellent planning skills
- Ability to competently use Microsoft Word, Excel , Power point and Email
- Experience and understanding of events costing and design of events
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.