|Location||Godalming, Surrey||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||Up to £26000.00 per annum||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
PRESTIGE BOARDING SCHOOL - GODALMING
Working in one of the most beautiful surroundings in Surrey, this position requests someone driven, creative and passionate and if you think that this could be you then please read on......
Recruiting a talented Hospitality Chef for a prestigious boarding school in Godalming, Surrey. You will be working with a National Contract Catering company who have managed this contract for an impressive number of years due to dedication and the standard of cuisine they continue to provide. You will have support from the Exec Head Chef and work with them to drive the business forward.
This role is a very hands on role and you will be repsonsible for the Hospitality side of the business within a multi-outlet site with 860 pupils. They boast a fine dining restaurant which is open twice a week with covers ranging from 8-30 to include canapes and catering to Rosette level as well as hot & cold buffet options also, a brand new kitchen has just been built so its an exciting time to join.
The ideal candidate will have great hospitality and function experience such as Weddings and Conferences, to a Rosette level.
This role is 5/7 days with hours being straight shifts
- Dynamic and enthusiastic chef with 2 or 3 years of experience in 4 star hotel or similar environment
- Banqueting experience
- Able to control food delivery and ordering accordingly
- Very strong on strategy as the site is very big and very complex
- Good team player as he /she will have to be able to delegate and train chefs to their standard of presentation
- Very strong on H & S and food safety
- Good on controlling a big team with lot of experience
- Be able to see what is wrong and to put it right
- Strong on communication and happy to seat with team management
- To be able to take on any challenge
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.