|Salary||£29000 - £29000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Do you have a passion for food and a knack for organisation? Do you also have a substantial track record in Hospitality and events management? We want to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced Hospitality & Events Manager to join our team on our Central London site housing one of the world’s leading media and entertainment company. You will be managing a team of 13 and report directly to the Client services manager.
This will be a great role for a highly organised individual with some great menu knowledge and passion to introduce healthier eating options as well as a good financial sense and great leadership skills.
- Management of Food and Health and Safety standards and quality across all areas of the building.
- Work with the Kitchen team in creating and developing new menus daily
- Liaising with client to plan, monitor, deliver and follow up on all events on-site
- Ensure that all dishes are displayed, served to the highest standard at all times in line with menu specifications and chef recommendations.
- Ensure that methods of service, production, presentation and service comply with Sodexo standards
- Ensure that clear-down procedures are followed on a daily basis
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness is maintained at all times
- Ensure minimum wastage occurs within the kitchen, implementing ideas for reducing wastage wherever possible
- Organise, deliver and follow up events carried out at the site liaising with the clients throughout the process making sure the specifications are delivered as expected
- Work with the General Services Manager in carrying out financial bookwork.
- Control Hospitality booking with the Chefs and Front of House to ensure smooth running of all events
- Ensure Coffee Shop and CC shop operates correctly within contractual restraints
- Assist in the effective management of employee relations
- Solid working experience in similar environment in a managerial role
- Excellent organisation, problem solving and communication skills
- Valid Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong leadership skills
- Basic IT skills
- High standards of personal presentation
- IOSH Managing Safety certificate
- Good awareness of industry standards
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process