|Salary||£32,000 - £35,000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Are you a passionate Hospitality and Events professional with exceptional team management skills? If so – this is an excellent opportunity to enhance your career!
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Hospitality Manager to join the management team at Eton College. You will lead a busy and high profile hospitality/events operation for this prestigious Independent School, with catering services ranging from of Fine Dining, Casual Dining, Conferences and House requirements for Eton College and external customer groups.
This position will suit an ambitious manager with a passion for innovation, who is skilled in food delivery, hospitality and events. We are looking for a passionate individual who is ‘hands on’ with a keen eye for detail.
Please note this role may include occasional weekend / evening work to meet business needs.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.Main responsibilities
- Lead, develop and inspire the hospitality service team to deliver the expected exceptional hospitality service
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation
- Manage the hospitality service offer (menus, beverages) working with the marketing Team to ensure an electronic brochure is kept up-to-date and accurately costed by the Executive Chef
- Support the on-site client events team staff to deliver a high quality 5* service at all times and continuously improve standards
- Plan for success by concentrating on attention to detail of both standards and service
- Manage all aspects of service planning and execution of Fine Dining, Casual Dining and Conferences for both Eton College and external customer groups
- Control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets
- Ensure that we deliver a high quality and well organised services and that all food is prepared to a high standard as per service level agreement, Company policy and current legislation
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary
- Previous experience in high end catering and events management, ideally obtained from a hotel, events or prestigious environment
- Passion for delivering great food and service
- Experience of leading and developing a team within a catering and events environment
- Good financial awareness and strong management skills
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Proactive and highly organised with a great attention to detail
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene and Health & Safety
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.