Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
With us, you'll work in a vibrant, supportive culture tailored to help you thrive.
Located in Kings Norton, Birmingham, Cygnet Wast Hills Hospital provides assessment and treatment for people with autism, learning disabilities and complex needs.
We are currently recruiting for a Hospital Chef to be responsible for the preparation and provision of dietary meals for those in our care within the guidelines of care plans or service requirements.
The role will be 4 days a week, Thursday / Friday / Saturday / Sunday 7am - 5pm.
In this role you will:
• Prepare, cook & serve nutritional, balanced & appetising meals
• Provide special diets, taking into account individual preferences & needs
• Responsible for managing the food budget & maintaining kitchen records
• Ensure compliance with health & safety standards and Food Hygiene Regulations
• Maintain & ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen, service areas & dining room
• Order, check stock & deliveries
• Handle, maintain & store kitchen equipment in accordance with Cygnet procedures
We are looking for people who have:
• A skilled chef who can work under pressure
• Preferably experienced in the care sector
• Able to plan nourishing & attractive menus within available budgets
• The holder of an intermediate food hygiene certificate, with good personal hygiene standards
• An excellent communicator able to liaise with people at all levels
• Able to work individually, as part of a team & under supervision
• Qualified in catering to City & Guilds 706: 1 & 2 level or NVQ Level 2/3 (Not essential)
Why Cygnet? We'll offer you…
• Strong career progression opportunities
• Expert supervision & support
• Employee referral scheme
• Pension scheme
• "Cycle to work" scheme & employee discount saving
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check