- Job Reference: 00008157-1
- Date Posted: 25 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Dartford, Kent
- Salary: £10.50 to £14.50 Per Hour
- Sector: Manufacturing Operations, Mining / Oil / Gas, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract, Temporary
Highway Asset Surveyor
This opportunity involves collecting information about highway drainage assets in Gravesham and the surrounding areas using tablet devices in the field. The job is estimated to last approximately 12 weeks with the possibility of further work in other areas to follow. The job will commence with a gully only survey.
This is a lone working role and involves working in isolation. The role has been risk assessed and is currently classed as low risk during the Covid-19 crisis.
Highway Asset Surveyor responsibilities include:
* Attending specific locations and lifting, measuring, photographing and reporting on the condition of highway drainage.
* Measuring the silt within drainage systems.
* Photographing highway drainage.
The ideal Highway Asset Surveyor candidate will:
* Have experience of using data collection devices and smart phones.
* Applicants should be physically fit as there is a large amount of walking involved in the position.
* You can typically expect to walk in excess of 7km per day.
* You should have access to your own private transport to get to and from the survey areas.
* Experience in the drainage industry will be very useful.
* Preferred but not essential to hold a LANTRA 12D T1 qualification or have experience working on the highway.
* Full training will be provided.
* A productivity and quality bonus of up to 20% is available.
* Any operational costs incurred as part of this role will also be fully reimbursable.
* This position is available to start immediately.
* Salary range is £10.50 -14.50 per hour depending on experience.
To apply please respond quoting “KCC2 Application” including your CV and any specific experience you may have that will support your application.
Ongoing opportunities may exist within the company beyond this contract for the right candidate after the initial contract.
KaarbonTech is a leading UK provider of asset management and surveying software to the Local Authority market. We use smart phone technology, inspection history and geographic surroundings to manage the maintenance of over 35% of the UK’s infrastructure for customers