Higher Level Teaching Assistant
- Job Reference: 00066523-1
- Date Posted: 23 April 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Lancaster, Lancashire
- Salary: £22,000 to £26,000
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
Job title: Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Reports to: Pathway Coordinator
Grade: A - F
Salary: £17284 - £(phone number removed).75 hours over 39 weeks, (1667.25 annualised)
Department: Ambito Care & Education
Team: Beaumont College, Lancaster
Location: Lancaster, some travel may be required in and around the area
Direct reports: None
Budget/ Resource responsibility: None
To support with the delivery of Pathway Skills and learning against student Expected Outcomes to a high standard across the curriculum.
To work with a wide range of learners with disabilities, including those with complex and profound needs and learners on the autistic spectrum.
To support the tutor to deliver curriculum provision and maintain high standards through the implementation of quality improvements.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
* To work flexibly within college to cover sessions in the absence of the tutor across the curriculum as required
* To work flexibly to provide relevant and appropriate support to students, on an individual or group basis, in order to enable them to access the curriculum as independently as possible
* To support the session tutor to ensure that all relevant education policies and procedures are implemented in full
* Support of students behaviour programmes in accordance with learner protocols
* The production of planning, recording and other documents as required by management and to support the tutor to write, update, implement and evaluate documentation relating to the individual student.
* Input to Self-Assessment Report (SAR) in collaboration with Tutors and departmental teams
* Support learners’ individual communication needs in accordance with Speech and Language Therapy recommendations.
* Support learners’ individual therapy needs in accordance with Occupational Therapy/Physiotherapy/Assistive Technologists recommendations.
* To administer medication in accordance with learner protocols
* To provide positive behaviour support in accordance with positive behaviour support (PBS) plans for individual students
* Support tutors to input evidence of learner achievements into accreditation/e-portfolios/Personal Portfolios
* To ensure that the available equipment and resources are used, stored and maintained efficiently, reporting any maintenance issues to the appropriate staff
* To work collaboratively with a wide range of staff members to adequately plan to ensure the safety of students, in line with risk assessments, while both on and off site
* To contribute as a member of the college’s multi-professional team, ensuring good working relationships with colleagues
* To keep up-to-date with pathways, subjects, educational practice and SEND-related information
* Safeguard all learners and ensure their safety and wellbeing
* Making entries into Management Information System (MIS) in relation to learner progress in relation to their individual targets
* Exercise vigilance in respect of Health and Safety and promptly report all hazards and/or remedying them where appropriate. Undertake all duties in a manner calculated to minimize or avoid unnecessary risks, personally or to others.
* Report issues and/or incidents relating to staff and students that have arisen in the day promptly to the relevant Line Manager or appropriate person
* Operate at all times in accordance with Company policies and procedures, with particular reference to Safeguarding, Whistleblowing, Complaints and Representations and Behaviour Policies
* Participate in online and in person training and take responsibility for personal development
* Participate in team meetings, supervisions and annual reviews in accordance with Company policy and the standards set by the Regulatory Body
* Work to promote the college as a valued, professional asset within its community and conduct themselves at all times in a manner that reinforces this image
* To work to and exhibit the values of the Company and maintain standards of behaviour in accordance with Company policies, procedures and practices
* To carry out any other reasonable and relevant duties as required
This job description should not be seen as all encompassing, and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other responsibilities appropriate to the post as identified by the company.
Successful candidates for all posts will undergo a minimum of 6 months’ probation period.
Ambito Care and Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and adults. All offers of employment are subject to rigorous pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS, in line with our stringent safer recruitment policy.
Mandatory for all staff
* To work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Ambito’s strategic direction
* To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Ambito’s quality framework.
* To work within Ambito’s policies and procedures.
* Students, staff, volunteers
* Families/carers, visiting personnel, school staff
Full covid-19 vaccination is mandatory