HGV Class 1 Drivers
- Job Reference: 00018401-1
- Date Posted: 4 September 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Trafford Park, Manchester
- Salary: £11.00 to £13.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Transport & Logistics, Covid-19
- Job Type: Temporary
Freeway Recruitment are looking to register temporary Class 1 Drivers (Day or night work) to offer work assignments & expand our current agency team. Work assignments offered will vary from single days through to full weeks, shifts offered will vary dependent on our client’s daily and weekly requirements. If you are looking for additional work or are building up your weekly shifts around other work agency work and/or other general work, then we can help assist you.
Role: Class 1 (HGV C) Agency Drivers Required
Job type: Temporary Assignments
Start time/s: Vary depending on assignment
Days/shifts: Mon to Fri (Single days, part weeks, full weeks)
Start date: TBC based on registration with agency
Job Role / Description:
- Freeway service a number of clients who currently have adhoc/planned/ and some ongoing agency driver requirements
- As we service a wide range of customers who operate in different sectors, Drivers will be delivering a range of goods and products. We Service companies in most sectors including but not limited to general haulage, timber, engineering, manufacturing, retail, construction and building and many more.
- Work assignments will vary from local and regional deliveries through to national distance work and trunking work
- Depending on assignment and the client you are working for deliveries will vary from single deliveries on occasions, through to multi drop with averages of 6 -8, 10 - 15 drops per day as an example. It all depends on the specific job assignment.
- Some client deliveries will require drivers to ‘handball’ goods, others do not.
- You will be required to ensure all deliveries are satisfied and have sound knowledge of local, regional, and national road systems
- Must be familiar with driving and delivering a variety of vehicles and goods ranging from curtain side vehicles & box wagons, palletised goods.
- Some of our clients require night out work/overnights, some days only. On registration, please specify what type of work you are looking for as we aim to find work to suit your personal requirements
- All work assignments are discussed in detail before Drivers are placed to ensure accuracy, discuss the specifics of the assignment, the client, role/responsibilities, pay rate/overtime etc .
- We accept and pay - Paye, Umbrella, Contract For Service, Limited Co Drivers
- Be competent and able to follow Health & Safety practises and procedures at all time
- Be reliable and hold excellent time keeping
- Hold a flexible ‘can do’ attitude to your work
- Good command of English both written and spoken
- Excellent communication skills
- Keep vehicle is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Have excellent geographic knowledge of UK road network
- Have a positive attitude and a professional work ethic
- Smart appearance, as you will be representing Freeway Recruitment & our Client
Qualifications / training / experience:
You must be able to provide the following;
* Valid Class 1 (HGV C) driving licence
* Valid Digital tachograph card
* Valid Driver CPC card
* Have No more than 9 current points on licence (No DR/DD/IN Driving offences accepted)
* 2 work checkable work references
Freeway are a long-established independent recruitment Agency with an impeccable reputation with our Agency Workers and Customers alike. We pride ourselves on offering quality, accuracy, consistency and above all else, honesty in our service. We have worked with some of our agency team for over 25 years. We run our business with the upmost of towards our agency workers and believe in working as a team to achieve the best results for all parties.
Due to Covid-19, we are able to interview and register a driver online before starting work.
Please submit your CV online if you feel this assignment is for you and you have the correct skills and qualifications for the role we are advertising