Title: HGV Class 1 Driver/Operator
Location: Gillingham, Kent
Salary: £14.50-£15.50 per hour dependant on experience
OTE of up to £50,000 per year.
Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Shift Pattern; 5days on 3days off, average 42hrs per week
Shifts: 4 days 06:30-16:30, 5th day 14:00-22:00 (plus call out)
Benefits: 25 days holiday, Free Parking, Death in Service
MEMS Power Generation are a specialist temporary power solutions provider in operation 24/7, supplying disaster recovery solutions for our diverse range of customers including small businesses through to blue-chip multinational organisations and utility companies. With a fleet of over 600 generators and over 40 years’ experience, we are the supplier of choice in the UK power rental market.
You must hold a current HGV1 licence and your CPC. You will have a history of excellent customer service and a “can do” attitude. It would be advantageous for you to hold an ADR Licence and/or a Lorry Loader qualification, however training will be provided.
This is an exciting opportunity for a driver within commutable distance to our Gillingham depot who is looking for a challenge in a unique and highly respected organisation.
About the role
We operate one of the most extensive and specialised transport fleets in the country including 60-ton lorry loader rigid vehicles, articulated HGV1 units along with numerous support vehicles and 4x4’s. As a MEMS driver/operator you will deliver and position our generators and rental equipment in various site locations throughout the UK, providing essential temporary power solutions to our customers.
- Deliver and position rental equipment UK Wide
- Offload generators and accessories using lorry mounted cranes (once trained)
- Handling and operating heavy machinery and plant
- Assisting in the positioning and installation of temporary generators and ancillary equipment including cables, fuel tanks and hoses, distribution equipment and temporary fencing
- Carry out risk assessments prior to offload
- Advise and liaise with our customers on the safe positioning of the equipment
- Demonstrate the equipment in operation (once trained)
- Carry out basic repairs of equipment if required (once trained)
- Refuelling generators if applicable (once trained)
Working outside of normal working hours will be a requirement as this is an emergency support business. Due to the nature of our business, overtime is routinely available and paid at 1.5 times the hourly rate.
We aim to employ motivated people to continue to represent MEMS as an employer of choice whilst delivering exceptional service to our customers. If you believe you have the attributes to join our team, please do so by emailing us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you…
Please note that all employees complete our screening process which includes a criminal check.
Please read our Candidate Policy