HGV Class 1 Driver
|Job Title:||HGV Class 1 Driver|
|Salary:||£12 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-07-01 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||James Obrien|
|Job Published:||June 17, 2019 17:16|
The working hours for these HGV Class 1 requirement are starting between 03:00am and 04:00am each day. You will be working between Monday to Friday on each occasion requirements arise.
The rate of pay for this HGV Class 1 position is £12.00 per hour.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out vehicle / trailer inspections and report any defects.
- Manual Handling
- Work well in a team environment
- Carry out work in a safe manner
- Processing paperwork efficiently
- Operating IT-systems as required
- Working within a physically demanding environment
- Operating Mechanical Handling Equipment
- Transportation and delivery of temperature controlled products
- Complying with local legislative requirements & company policies and procedures
- Follow customer specific procedures.
- Maintain regular contact with the Transport team.
- Report any discrepancies on collections or deliveries from paperwork or reported by customers.
- Report any excesses, shortages or damage to supervisor in a timely manner
- Secure loads effectively and ensure loads are within the weight limits
To apply for this position you must:
- Hold HGV Class 1 (C+E) Licence, Digital Tachograph and Driver Qualification card (CPC).
- Comply with the Working Time Directive and Drivers hours regulations.
You will need to have a driving assessment prior to starting and will also need to carry out an induction where you will be driving with a full time driver.
You will be required to complete security vetting prior to the start of the assignment which will require a full five year address history, a full checkable five year employment history, with any gaps fully accounted for and criminal record check.
For more information on this HGV Class 1 vacancy and to apply please submit your CV or call Pertemps in Didcot.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's