|Salary||£13.00 - £17.50 per hour||Sector||Driving & Logistics|
As a HGV 1 driver, your key responsibilities are collection and delivery of general merchandise goods (clothing and textiles), using a commercial motor vehicle meeting company, customer and legislative requirements. Most of the merchandise is on clothes rails, cages or pallets. You will be delivering to either a superstore or other depots.
Please note average drops on store deliveries is 2 per day.
• To follow customer specific procedures
• To report any defect as soon as reasonably practicable using the defect reporting procedures
• To work according to the Safe Systems Of Work (SSOW) at all times and follow manual handling instructions
• To tip and reload trailers at stores
• To ensure all work is completed accurately, efficiently as set out in the company polices, processes and procedures.
• Secure loads effectively and ensure loads are within the weight limit
• Valid C + E Driver's Licence (Maximum 6 points, no drink driving or mobile phone convictions)
• Ability and Flexibility to work shifts
• 6 months previous experience of driving LGV vehicles
• You will be required to pass a driving assessment which also includes a Highway Code and Theory test
• Knowledge of geographical area
• Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules
• Ability to read, understand and follow directions/instructions
• Good numerical and literacy skills
• Ability to move product which may require bending, stretching, stooping, stepping, reaching and/or lifting, in line with Health & Safety regulations
Various start times are available from 02:30 to 23:00 throughout the day, Monday to Sunday. Guaranteed minimum of 8 hours pay per shift! Average shifts between 8-10 hours.
•Canteen - Vending machines, hot drinks, fridge for lunch storage
•Car parking facilities
•Permanent job offer for the right candidate
If you feel this position is for you then please apply today for immediate response!