|Salary||£21,215.28 per annum||Sector||Health & Medical|
HMP Forest Bank are recruiting for a Healthcare Assistant to manage the doctors surgery daily duties and administrative tasks.
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison’s capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in JusticePackage description
37.5 hours per week.
Salary £21,215.28 per annum, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, free meals on dutyMain responsibilities
- Assist with patient clinical care if required
- Deliver planned programmes of care
- Assist the RGN in clinics or with tasks as directed
- Gather information for clinical data
- Contribute to reviewing all aspects of care plans and identify when it's not addressing clients needs
- Maintaining accurate and legible patient notes
- Participate in one to one interventions or within a group setting
- Internal rotation days to nights, covering weekends
- Manage a clinic or assist the RGN in a specialised clinic
- Experience of IT clinical systems
- Experience managing difficult/complex patients
- Strong work ethic, able to work alone or as part of a team
- Skills of working within a patient centred setting
- Awareness of mental health issues
- Good record keeping skills and clinical governance knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible for days, nights, weekends rotational shift patterns
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.