Health, Safety and Environment Manager
|Job Title:||Health, Safety and Environment Manager|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte Dyer|
|Job Published:||March 15, 2019 11:14|
Job title: Health, Safety, Environment Manager
Salary: up to £40,000 DOE
Hours: Monday to Friday / Full Time
Location: Exeter, Devon
We are looking for an experienced Health, Safety and Environment Manager to join our client based in Exeter who operate a recycling and landfill site as well as a LGV lorry fleet.
As Health & Safety Manager you will be working closely with other Managers to ensure that the company meets all obligations regarding health and safety. You will also be managing ISO18001 and the transition to 45001, reviewing policies and procedures and adhering to all legislative requirements, and providing advice and guidance across a range of sites. You will carry out site audits and deliver training at all levels within the team.
Previous experience in a waste / recycling environment would be largely beneficial but not essential.
* Proactively and continually assess the operations of the company from a Health and Safety perspective, recommending appropriate systems of risk management.
* Ensure the company complies with its legal obligations with regards to Health and Safety and Environmental regulation.
* Proactively lead change, develop and motivate staff in providing an effective Health and Safety and environmental compliant operation.
* Report to the Directors on the Company's compliance with Health & Safety obligations, including accidents, incidents and near misses.
* Maintain the Group's Quality Management Systems, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 and to work on the transition to 45001.
* Oversee and deal with reporting as required with regards to Waste Permits.
* Liaise with the Companies Insurance Company as required in respect of compliance, claims etc.
* Liaise with customers if required to provide compliance expertise.
* Manage any staff as required.
Experience and Qualifications:
* NEBOSH or equivalent.
* Experience of management systems and achieving third party certification to a recognised standard such as OHSAS 18001, BS EN ISO 14001 or ISO 9001.
* Experience of dealing with external enforcing bodies such as HSE, Local Authorities and the Environment Agency.
* Experience of leading, motivating and developing staff.
* Experience of working to deadlines and targets.
* Directly applicable compliance experience.
* IT capability using specialist software.
If you would like any more information, please call Charlotte in our Exeter Branch on 01392 421100 for a completely confidential chat or send your CV today!
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Health and Safety Manager
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Health and Safety Advisor
£38000 - £40000 per annum
Regional Health and Safety Advisor (East Midlands)
£28000 - £35000 per annum
Senior Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
£50000 - £55000 per annum