Health Care Assistant
- Job Reference: 00040063-1
- Date Posted: 23 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Steeton, Yorkshire
- Salary: £10.00 to £17.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract, Temporary
If you have Six Months experience working in an NHS Setting or Hospital we are interested in hearing from you.
Healthcare assistants (HCAs) are a vital part of the team that supports the medical staff and patients in wards and departments throughout the hospital.
Under the supervision and direction of qualified nursing staff, healthcare assistants carry out a wide range of duties to care for, support, and provide information to patients and their families.
Responsibilities may include:
* Looking after the physical comfort of patients, for example helping them to wash themselves and emptying bedpans
* Keeping departments clean and tidy, for example cleaning equipment and making and changing beds
* Taking and recording basic observations such as blood pressure and temperature
* Helping patients to eat and to move about, if they have mobility problems
* Listening and talking to patients.
Healthcare assistants are often the first point of contact for a patient, so you'll need to be friendly and confident, with good interpersonal skills. You'll need to be able to put patients at their ease, helping them with their personal care while making sure they feel comfortable.
We will be able to offer you:
* Flexible working patterns
* Good rates of pay
* Weekly pay
* Immediate start for people with the DBS update service
You'll also need
* Good communication and listening skills
* Organisation skills
* Observational skills
You will require a full enhanced DBS check before placement.
If you have a DBS on the update service, we will FastTrack your application
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: £10 - £17 per hour
* Healthcare : 6 months
* Enhanced DBS (Preferred)
* Remote interview process
Right now, our interviews and training are all done remotely to keep you safe, and our working practices are fully compliant with Government regulations. All of our front-line staff are provided with a free uniform and full PPE to ensure the risk of COVID-19 is kept to an absolute minimum.
Feel free to contact us on the below number if you have any questions