Health & Safety, Well-being Manager
|Job Title:||Health & Safety, Well-being Manager|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-03-03 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||James Uddin|
|Job Published:||February 07, 2019 15:57|
This client is a specialist within the Aviation service sector based in London, however this role will require some travel to Edinburgh.
This Health & Safety, Well-being Manager will be responsible for:
• Providing strategic leadership in Heath & Wellbeing, be visible inside and outside the business, collaborate with regulators, customers and other business partners and suppliers, where required representing the organisation at industry forums.
• Creating a Human Factors programme and work to establish and raise awareness of Human Factors in the workplace.
• Providing expert advice on Occupational Health & Safety matters, identifying solutions to enable the company to comply with all relative occupational health and safety legislation, and industry best practice to meet the organisation objective of operational ‘excellence'.
• Maintaining foresight over current and emerging changes to Occupational Health & Safety legislation and regulations to ensure regional business/risk teams are aware, prepared and in full compliance with any new and relative regulatory changes in the Countries and States of operation.
• Supporting operational and safety teams identifying emerging risks to the health of staff and developing programmes and policies to mitigate and reduce these.
• Monitoring and report on health & wellbeing performance, advising senior leadership and key business decision makers of areas of health risk and recommendations for improvement.
• Leading on the delivery of market leading Occupational Health solutions and develop a Health Management Plan for the business activities.
• Ensuring the effectiveness of the companies Health & Wellbeing policies, and promote engagement through employee forums and promotional media.
• Scrutinising all personal injury incident, accident and near-miss reports to ensure investigations identify the root cause and the contributable factors, and that corrective measures are appropriate.
• Analysing accident and incident trends for emerging trend and proactively address issues arising to drive reduction in PI events, reduce work absence, and improve employee wellbeing.
• Playing a full role in the overall development of Group Risk Management and risk reduction initiatives.
• Additional duties as may be assigned by the VP Group Safety Standards from time to time.
• This role will pay between 45k-55k with full benefits, training and development
Qualifications and Experience:
• A background as a Senior Occupational Health Professional or Occupational Health Manager.
• Experience of Occupational Health & Wellbeing in a diverse and fast paced environment.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a high level of confidence to influence at all levels.
• Experience working in a truly international and multi-cultural business.
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent International Qualification.
• This position will require a self-starter who can lead by example.
• Previous international experience would be advantageous with an understanding of aviation operations and occupational health regulatory requirements.
• Language skills would be considered an advantage, but not necessary.
For more information on this role please email email@example.com or call 0121 454 5000
Closing date 14th of Feb.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Safety, Health and Environment Manager
No fixed place of work
£38000 - £45000
Health and Safety Manager
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Interim Health and Safety Manager
£250 - £275 per day
Health and Safety Advisor
Up to £18.98 per hour
Health and Safety Advisor
£35000 - £40000 per annum