Health And Safety Manager
- Job Reference: 00075178-1
- Date Posted: 13 July 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorgan
- Salary: £50,000 to £60,000
- Sector: Construction, Trades & Services
- Job Type: Permanent
Health and Safety Manager
Competitive salary plus full benefits package
Sphere solutions are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager to work with a large Civil Engineering company in the South Wales region. We are constantly recruiting and keen to touch base with the best possible opportunities. See below for the following vacancy.
Our client is a large tier 1 civil engineering contractor based in South Wales, and have approached us with the urgent requirement of recruiting a Quality Manager on a permanent basis. The project involves a 17.3km motorway expansion located near Dowlais, Merthyr Tydfil and Hirwaun. The splitting of the motorway is important for the improvement of mobility and connectivity in Wales, as well as the revival of the local economy post COVID-19. The expansion of the A465 represents an important investment that will enable the generation of a set of benefits for local companies that participate in the development of the work.
* Civils and highways experience
* NEEBOSH general certificate (preferred)
* A qualification at ONC, or equivalent NVQ level is desirable
* Experience of working for well known, reputable contractors
* Computer literate and able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of MS Office
* Supervise or co-ordinate work systems to ensure products and services meet the highest quality standard
* Supporting Safety Advisers, supervisors and operatives and informing appointed supply chain of good practice
* Undertake onsite inspection and monitoring of health, safety, and welfare.
* Lease and communicate with senior management team on site
* To help review and manage project safety controls and coordinate project safety inspections and identifying trends for improvements
On offer, is the opportunity to work for a large Civil Engineering contractor that can offer job security and genuine long term prospects.
Needless to say, if you are open to new opportunities and would like to discuss in greater detail please don’t hesitate to get in touch