Health and Safety Manager
|Job Title:||Health and Safety Manager|
|Salary:||£38000 - £43000 per annum, Benefits: Company Car/Car Allowance|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Willey|
|Job Published:||March 27, 2019 14:08|
Location - Tiverton
Salary - £38,000 - £43,000
Reporting to - Managing Director
Interview Date - TBC
Start Date - ASAP
A company who I am working closely with have a new opportunity for a Health and Safety Manager reporting to the Managing Director. They will ensure that all health and safety, environmental and quality processes and procedures are implemented and maintained across the business. The successful candidate will lead a team of dedicated Health and Safety professionals in enhancing the safety culture and continuous improvement in quality management systems. The role will also have line management responsibility for the HR function.
Main roles and responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager -
• Accountable to the Board of Directors on the on-going development, implementation and review of the Health and Safety Plan.
• Ensure all relevant health and safety, quality and HR policies and procedures are in place.
• Identify any areas of risk within the business and develop measures to reduce and control.
• Report monthly on health and safety, quality and HR related performance measures and make any recommendations for improvement plans.
• Develop quality management systems from inception to accreditation.
• Ensure all existing quality standards including; ISO9001, BM TRADA and BAFE are maintained and leading on the accreditation process for ISO14001 (Environmental Management) and ISO 55001 (Asset Management) and CHAS.
• Ensure that managers recognise and implement the necessary actions to comply with legislation and quality standards.
• Ensure processes are in place for reviewing and approving sub-contractors and project related Health and Safety plans and documentation.
• Initiate and manage projects that deliver against agreed objectives and timeframe.
• Manage the internal quality audit process and liaise with external bodies.
• Interface with client and contractors on any Health and Safety issues as required.
• Ensure there is a process in place for developing and reviewing risk assessments and method statements.
• Have awareness of new Health and Safety related legislation or processes that will have an impact on the business.
• In conjunction with the HR Advisor develop and deliver the Group’s People Plan.
Health and Safety Manager's Experience and Qualifications -
• Detailed understanding of quality management principles, health and safety and environmental legislation, guidance and codes of practice and best practice.
• Experience of implementing ISO and other quality standards within an organisation.
• Awareness of general HR policies and procedures and employment legislation.
• Experience of providing advice to a range of stakeholders.
• Led on project planning and implementation.
• Management and development of other professional staff.
• IT literate and able to use a wide selection of software tools.
• Chartered Member of IOSH with experience of developing health and safety and environmental plans and new procedures.
• NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety.
• Membership of IEMA.
• Accident and Incident investigations.
• Trained Auditor.
Personal Qualities of the successful Health and Safety Manager -
• Able to communicate and engage with people and influence others to maintain high standards and quality in a busy operational environment.
• Strong leadership behaviours.
• Strong planning and prioritisation skills.
• Confidential and trustworthy with strong integrity.
• Effective time management skills and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Adaptable, flexible and able to multi-task.
• Tenacious and determined.
If you would like to learn more about this Health and Safety Managerial position or are interested in a confidential chat then please don't hesitate to contact Ryan @ RGB Or APPLY now or submit your CV for consideration.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's