|Salary||£15 per hour||Sector||HSE|
Location: Swinton, M27 5AS
Pay: £15 per hour
Part-time hours: 7hrs per day, 3 days per week, flexible
We are looking for a Health & Safety Advisor for a globally recognised outsourcing company in their office based in Swinton; providing day to day support with Health & Safety guidance and reporting. The company provides a range of property and regeneration, planning and building control and highway and infrastructure services to local government and private sector clients across the UK. The majority of the work and the office base is in Swinton, but there will also be some travel locally so it is essential that you have your own vehicle.
This role is working part-time hours, any 3 out of 7 days per week on an on-going temporary basis through Blue Arrow. There may be an opportunity for more hours to support an additional service area for the right candidate.
- Provide day to day support to the Site SHE Advisor
- Health & Safety statistical monitoring and reporting in line with company requirements
- Provide service managers with Health & Safety guidance and support
- Support service managers with risk assessments, safe systems of work and COSHH assessments
- Advise management and service managers of any Health & Safety & Environment legislation changes via the company’s legal register database affecting the business
- Co-ordinate wider group Health & Safety initiatives with updates and campaigns
- Identify Health & Safety issues and ensuring corrective and preventative actions are in place along with the root cause
- Support the Site SHE Advisor in the production of monthly statistical reports to management
- Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate in Health & Safety management or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience working in Health & Safety
- Excellent written and verbal communications with the ability to communicate at all levels
- IT literate, especially Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to work independently as well as being part of a team
- High attention to detail
- Own transport
- Auditing & inspection experience
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety management standards
All successful applicants will be required to complete a pre-employment vetting that includes a criminality check and also a financial probity check.
If you believe you have all the relevant skills and looking for a challenge, please click to apply now!