|Location||Derby, Derbyshire||Job Type||Temporary|
|Salary||Up to £18.98 per hour||Sector||HSE|
Blue Arrow Derby are currently looking to recruit a Senior Health and Safety Advisor on a temporary basis for approximatley 3 months. You would be working as key member of the team within a busy, fast paced environment.
Please note this is a temporary position starting ASAP, so candidates should ideally be immediatley available or have a short notice period. There could be potential for this role to be extended further.
Pay Rate: £18.98 p/h
Hours: 37 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
Skills and Knowledge
* In depth knowledge of H&S legislation, with particular emphasis on risk assessment methods and methodologies and audits.
* Experience of acting as point of contact for HSE inspections.
* Ability to deal with issues of confidentiality and sensitive situations in a discrete, constructive and empathetic manner.
* Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to negotiate with and influence others.
* Ability to utilise excellent organisational skills to maintain current and accurate records.
* Computer literate with ability to manage and manipulate data across a number of packages.
* Demonstrate effective prioritisation and time management skills.
* Able to work in a pro-active manner
* Assist in the shaping of the agenda for Organisational Safety, Occupational Health and Wellbeing management. Be the professional point of reference for Organisational Safety, Occupational Health and Wellbeing.
* Ensure that the necessary support, process and procedures, Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work are in place and are being effectively monitored to ensure the safety of all staff
* Monitor and plan for changes in H&S legislation that will affect the associated operations.
* Implement, monitor and audit policies, guidance, systems and procedures relating to Organisational Safety, Occupational Health and Wellbeing. Provide specialist health and safety input to risk assessments.
* Refer promptly to the relevant Director any health and safety matters that cannot be resolved locally on a time scale commensurate with the risk.
* Lead or contribute to the investigation of incidents and dangerous occurrences, including the management of all Employer's Liability and Public Liability Claims.
* Advise on the Organisational Safety and Occupational Health management system, providing statistical reports and management information as required.
* Lead external engagement with the enforcing authorities e.g. HSE, Fire Authority, Environmental Health etc; as well as external stakeholders e.g. Local Health Authority.
* Any other duties commensurate with the role as required.
* Industry Related Degree or significant equivalent experience in the sector.
* Health & Safety qualification at Diploma level or above (e.g. NEBOSH)
* Full membership of a recognised national safety organisation (eg IOSH, APS or IIRSM).
* Significant demonstrable experience in liaison with stakeholders in developing, reviewing and implementing health and safety policies in a diverse organisation, carrying out audits and risk assessments across a broad range of projects.
* Experience of presenting and preparing reports to senior management and staff.
* Evidence of leading external engagement with the enforcing authorities e.g. HSE, Fire Authority, Environmental Health etc; as well as external stakeholders e.g. Local Health Authority.
* Ability to travel to meetings in a timely and cost effective manner if required.
* The job role may require access to construction, grounds maintenance, laboratory or workshop type environments, requiring the post holder to work in cramped areas, confined spaces, at elevated levels while performing inspections, etc.
Why should you apply?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work and support within a great organisation, where other working opportunities may also be available. This would suit individual's looking for either temporary or immediate work to either suit short term commitments, or as a chance for longer term employment.
- On-site parking available
- On-site canteens and other facilties also available
- 28 days holiday entitlement increasing to 35 days after successful period of time
- Access to high street discounts
- Company pension scheme
- Nominated entry to Blue Arrow 'Superstar of the month' award, giving you the change to win high street shopping vouchers.
- Dedicated consultant
- Weekly pay
Located just outside of Derby City Centre, this location would suit anyone with their own transport in Derby or the surrounding areas. The site is also easily commutable to via bus services.
The Next Stage
If you are interested in the above role, and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly as possible.