Health & Safety Technician
- Job Reference: 00033346-1
- Date Posted: 31 December 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Plymouth, Devon
- Salary: £27,600
- Sector: Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Pertemps currently have an exciting opportunity for a Health and Safety Technician to join a highly reputable housing organisation in Plymouth.
This is a full time, permanent position. Whilst the Covid-19 restrictions remain in place, this role will be working from home until further notice.
As a Health and Safety Technician you will provide CDM and Health and Safety support in relation to all operational activities undertaken by the organisation and the Repairs and Regeneration Department. This is to ensure compliance with the health and safety legislation, undertake risk assessments, workplace inspections, manage audits, and lead line management accident/incident investigations, recording and reporting accidents and dangerous occurrences.
Not only will you be working for an organisation with a significant investment in learning and personal development, their benefit scheme also offers:
• 25 days annual leave (rising each year to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years' service)
• Annual Leave Trading
• Excellent defined contributions pension with a high level of employer contributions
• Free annual flu vaccination
• Employee Discounts, Benefits, Recognition and Wellbeing Scheme
• Cycle to Work scheme
As the Health and safety Technician you will required to
• Develop, implement, and evaluate Repairs & Regeneration's technical policies, procedures and safe systems of work.
• Support and help the Principal Designer on all allocated projects and lead on minor projects
• Provide appropriate advice, guidance and practical support to Managers and employees in relation to all aspects of CDM and Health & Safety compliance.
• Undertake on site monitoring on contractor and in house staff to determine compliance with legislation, risk assessments, method statements and other safe systems of work.
• Consult with trade union work place Safety Representatives, undertake joint safety inspections and attend Health and Safety Committee meetings.
• Assist Repairs & Regeneration's Management, undertake risk assessments, workplace inspections and manage audits.
• Provide readily understandable interpretation of CDM legislation and codes of practice, EU Directives and best practice to Management.
• Ensure changes to legislation, codes of practice, that will impact on policies and procedures are identified in an effective and timely manner, and ensure systems, policies and procedures are revised to accommodate such changes.
The successful Health and Safety Technician will have the following experience:
• Demonstrable Health & Safety experience.
• Experience which validates at least Tech IOSH status.
• Evidence of developing CDM functions. Evidence of working with CDM Duty Holders.
• Project management or playing a lead role in the successful delivery of key initiatives.
• Evidence of promoting a positive Health and Safety culture.
• Evidence validating effective consultation and negotiation with trade unions and professional associations on Health and Safety issues.
Qualifications / Requirements
NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate.
A full driving licence and use of a vehicle for business use.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please APPLY today! Or if you would like to know more information, please contact Chelsea Walker in the Pertemps Plymouth office