Health & Safety and Compliance Officer
- Job Reference: 00018662-1
- Date Posted: 8 September 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: West London, London
- Salary: £40,850
- Sector: Construction, Trades & Services, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
MMP Consultancy are currently recruiting for a H&S and Compliance Officer to work with a housing association based in West London. My client is looking for someone who has strong knowledge of H&S regulations and legislations on both the employer and landlord side. This a permanent opportunity paying £40,850 p/a + benefits.
This will be a permanent vacancy paying £40,850p/a + benefits.
* To co-ordinate, support and advise on all aspect of Health & Safety and to establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training, and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health & Safety compliance are adhered to.
* To assist with the effective delivery of high-quality repairs and maintenance function by providing support and customer liaison across the full range of property, facilities and maintenance compliance and delivery of health and safety programmes and improvement plans.
* To be the associations Health & Safety competent person.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
* Ensure my client meets its statutory and regulatory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting (e.g. RIDDOR).
* Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all relevant activities, operations and environments.
* Liaise effectively with customers, contractors, staff and others to identify Health and safety risk areas are known and coordinate actions to ensure mitigations are effectively implemented
* Ensure all Health & Safety related policies, procedures, rules and regulations are in place, regularly reviewed and updated, meet audit requirements, communicated and are adhered to by staff.
* Ensure our offices and other Association premises meet the required Health and Safety standards, carrying out and correctly reporting on safety inspections, fire drills, testing of equipment, fire alarms, managing risk assessments and lone working procedures, and adhering to Covid-19 guidelines to ensure a safe workplace with no risk to health
* Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
* Liaise with all relevant parties to ensure compliance on all properties owned and managed by the Association, ensuring health and safety certification are in place and comply with legislation
* Ensure all Health and Safety compliance recommendations are completed to time, monitoring action plans or service improvement plans and ensuring the health and safety registers, records of risk assessment, remedial works and other health and safety compliance records and systems are accurate, readily updated and maintained
Title: H&S and Compliance Officer
Rate: £40,850p/a + Benefits
Location: West London
If you are interested, please respond with an up to date CV and notice period expectations or send to a colleague or friend