|Salary||£42400 - £50000||Sector||Security & Risk Management, Executive and Management, Miscellaneous|
We are looking for highly motivated Head of Security and Operations to join our team at HMP Forest Bank.
You will ensure the security of the prison and external prison escorts are maintained in line with the National Security Framework(s), deliver the business and contractual requirements of the Security and Operations functions, develop, manage and maintain relationships with key partners both internally and externally and act as the establishment Corruption Prevention lead and RIPA Controller. You will also hold responsibility for the management of domestic and legal visits, gatehouse, control room and reception.
£42,400 - 50,000 per annum plus benefits including free parking, flexible benefits scheme, free meals on duty, pension and shopping discounts.
- To be an innovative and strategic member of the Senior Leadership team.
- Deliver the agreed performance and contractual targets on time and within budget, and use the contract change process to identify and resource new work.
- Responsible for the Prison Performance Tool (PPT) and contractual performance indicators delivery.
- Effective and timely analysis of data to inform learning and continuous improvement.
- To create an environment that supports a rehabilitative culture through effective team working with senior leader colleagues.
- To monitor, review and oversee implementation of the NSF, LSS, OSAG baselines and security procedures and processes.
- Providing a safe, caring and decent environment for staff, residents and visitors
- Ensure that the public is served, by maintaining effective safeguards in line with public protection.
- Management of a safe, secure and engaging environment for residents and visitors. Jointly implement the children and families strategy.
- Identify, manage and mitigate, and review departmental risks (operational, financial, reputational, compliance, and knowledge and people); and contribute to, support and develop the management of the prison’s risk management framework and process.
- Action the agreed functional elements of the business plan on time and within budget.
- Promote the healthy prison concept through full compliance (evidenced as appropriate) with relevant legislation, policies, decisions, and standards, particularly with regard to health and safety, and equality and inclusion.
- Lead, deploy, develop, and engage staff efficiently and effectively to meet the Functions’ work and skills’
- requirements, and to contribute to SJS succession planning process.
- Operational experience in prisons; security clearance to enh level; PCO badged.
- Technical knowledge of relevant prison legislation, PSOs, Standards, inspection and audit processes; and knowledge of the wider criminal justice system.
- Successful completions of incident and hostage management training, and adjudication training.
- A strong and consistent moral compass and the ability to provide value based leadership.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in a politicised environment.
- Trained to level 2 in RIPA compliance
- Experience of being the public face of a large organisation and conducting public speeches and media presentations in a politically sensitive environment.
- Contract knowledge and contract management skills.
- Knowledge of commercial financial management processes and procedures.
- Project management and Risk management skills.
- Business continuity planning
About the company
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.