|Salary||£42,000 - £50,000 per annum depending on experience||Sector||Miscellaneous|
HMP Northumberland are looking for a Head of Residential Services to join the team to manage, supervise and support Residential Managers and Senior Prison Custody Officers to ensure the effective and efficient management of all house blocks with embedded Key Work provision in line with contractual requirements. You will also ensure that prisoners live and associate in a safe, secure and decent environment, with H & S and Security issues remaining a priority.Package description
£42,000 – £50,000
25 days holiday, flexible benefit fund (healthcare etc), pension scheme, and access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discountsMain responsibilities
- With guidance from the Deputy Director and in accordance with the Company Policy and the requirements ofthe Authority, contribute to the development of policies and procedures for the proper operation of the prison
- Manage the new OMiC model, ETTG and relationships with key stakeholders e.g. NPS, CRC.
- Ensure the needs of residents are assessed and met within the annual delivery plan for Programmes.
- Ensure delivery of CDIs, compliance with audits and Contract Management Team inspections.
- Continually review the skills and competencies of the Residential, OMU and Programmes teams, addressing performance issues proactively.
- Ensure that Residential areas carry out their designated activities and services to prisoners in accordance with Policy and Procedures, Health & Safety, Equality & Inclusion, Safer Custody.
- Management of purposeful activity within areas ensuring accurate weekly returns, maximising opportunities to increase purposeful activity hours and optimising vocational, educational and offending behaviour prospects for offenders.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Proven track record in prison operational experience
- Experience and understanding of managing incidents
- Leadership and relationship management
- Extensive prison management experience
- Credibility and authenticity
- Stakeholder engagement
- Project Management and Risk management skills
- Experience in contractual compliance and delivery
Sodexo UK & Ireland employs around 36,000 people and delivers On-site Service Solutions to clients at over 2,300 locations including offices, hospitals, schools, defence sites, prisons, sporting events and visitor attractions. Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. All roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).
Improving the Quality of Life of our staff, our prisoners and our local communities is a key driver for the company generally and for Sodexo Justice in particular.
Sodexo Justice (Custody) includes the HM Prisons Addiewell, Northumberland, Forest Bank, Peterborough and Bronzefield. Melaleuca Prison in Western Australia is the newest member of the group. Six Community Rehabilitation Companies provide the Community element of Sodexo Justice.