|Salary||£48000 - £72000 per annum||Sector||Executive and Management, Engineering|
This role will establish an industry leading engineering team that can create the technically intelligent client we as a business need to achieve its AMP7 ambitions and beyond. Focusing on Process Engineering discipline the role will provide the expertise needed to:-
- Get the right technical requirements with the project definition briefs.
- Input and continuously improve technical asset standards.
- Provide design sign-off to capital delivery as the delivery stream dictates.
- Provide technical assurance during the delivery, commissioning and hand over of Assets.
- Drive the digital advancement of our engineering within the corporate digital strategy.
- Ensure and deliver the engineering regulatory compliance on relevant assets in their discipline area.
- Lead excellence in engineering for Thames Water.
- Providing the technical input into project definition briefs.
- Providing the technical sign-off and assurance during technical delivery including handover.
- Ensure we are compliant with engineering based regulatory requirements..
- Establishing a centre of excellence for engineering.
- Establishing a cohesive, sustainable engineering structure from graduates to industry experts and that lead Thames’s Engineering requirements into AMP8 and beyond.
A recognised leader in Process Engineering ideally with extensive experience, including experience within the water industry.
An understanding of the regulatory environment to achieve compliance with our engineering regulatory requirement.
Excellent leadership and communication skills both internally and externally.
Collaborative and ability to influence senior colleagues.
Good budget management experience.
The ideal candidate will have professional chartership.
A passion of continuous professional development and active approach to driving diversity within Engineering in Thames.
What’s in it for you?
In this role, you will make a real difference and improve the way we work. You will be working alongside a diverse and engaged team in a fast-paced environment.
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday increasing to 30 with lenth of service. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps.
We’re proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.