Head of Modelling
- Job Reference: 00018432-1
- Date Posted: 4 September 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: London
- Salary: £70,000 to £90,000
- Sector: I.T. & Communications, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Head of Modelling, Permanent, Remote/London
Marshall Wolfe is proud to be supporting a technology company in the search for an experienced and highly motivated Head of Modelling.
This is an exciting opportunity to build revolutionary new technology that empowers everyday people. You will play a vital part in mentoring the modelling and data science team, working with scientists/engineers to develop, prototype and productise new machine learning and graph algorithms operating on big data.
This role would suit someone who has a flare for using non-traditional methods to calculate probability, capability to be technically hands-on and mentor a team, and a background in credit risk and financial services.
* Provide guidance and thought leadership to the business and directly to the data science team in the domain of data science, modelling and machine learning
* Develop and implement the credit risk management strategy, leading the Risk & Analytics team to build and implement modelling and Analytics needs
* Lead and manage modelling and data science colleagues
* Masters or PhD in a quantitative oriented field of study, including Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial Sciences, Physical Sciences, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent
* Minimum of 8-10+ years of end-to-end experience building credit-scoring models, with participation in all aspects including data preparation, variable definition and selection, model refinement, model evaluation, and model implementation
* Experience with statistical techniques and tools in Python
* Proven experience dealing with credit scoring implementations, credit policy design and credit risk management frameworks.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our clients and candidates. Our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview