Head of Manufacturing
- Job Reference: 00027468-1
- Date Posted: 15 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Head of Manufacturing
Are you a Head of Manufacturing who is looking for a new and exciting challenge in a fast-paced and ambitious diagnostics company? Our client is going to be a leading COVID-19 test developer and they are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to lead their production efforts and bring this exciting new technology to market.
Our client is focused on building tools that allow people to make informed decisions about their health. They have developed a rapidly scalable, reliable, low-cost screening tool which can successfully screen for the biomarkers of chronic inflammation. Firstly focused on the sports recovery market, now this tool can rapidly diagnose COVID-19 using the same biomarkers; this will be the first at-home COVID-19 diagnostic tool.
Due to recent success, they are now looking for an experienced and dynamic Head of Manufacturing who can evaluate their global network of contract manufacturing partners, which are divided into lateral flow strip manufacturers and assembly partners. You will also build partner relationships and manage the supply chain of raw materials. If you have this mindset and would like to bring your unique skills and ideas to our client, we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking an individual who can: -
* Assess each partner facility to determine predicted versus actual manufacturing output capabilities and recommendations should be made to improve output, followed by bi-monthly scale-up reviews.
* Review assembly process and design of assay housing to improve output at assembly partner, in line with regulatory requirements.
* Explore innovative, decentralised manufacturing and assembly models to scale-up global manufacturing capabilities.
* Analyse complex manufacturing and supply issues to identify their impact; establish probabilities and draw conclusions reflecting broader business needs.
* Required to travel internationally and recruit location partners to aid the manufacturing and assembly process. Other tasks and duties may be assigned.
With the following skills and experience: -
* Considerable experience and knowledge of automated, semi-automated and manual machinery for lateral flow devices in the medical sector.
* Experience with high speed packaging automation lines including experience with labeling, cartoning, case packaging and line control systems.
* Proven track record in applying continuous improvements projects and successful project delivery in a manufacturing scale-up.
* An understanding of import and export regulations for medical devices in major markets, such as the UK, Europe and USA.
* Ability to manage a variety of stakeholders and provide recommendations, followed by performance reviews to achieve scale.
* Knowledge of lateral flow strip construction and use of biologicals at large scale production.
* Prior experience and familiarity with cGMP, FDA and ISO regulated environments.
* Previous experience in manufacturing management for Global diagnostics business producing lateral flow devices.
* Pre-existing global network of raw material suppliers, manufacturers, assembly partners and distribution partners.
* Ability to think outside the box and assist in developing industry disruptive practices to dramatically improve output.
* Experience in FAT, SAT, commissioning and validation of packaging equipment in medical device environments.
* Knowledge of debugging issues on high volume equipment and process.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This opportunity will allow you to play a key role in delivering the most accurate COVID-19 test to market.
As a start-up, our client would like you to enjoy the success of the company which you will be helping to build. You will benefit from a generous company share option program, and market salary and pension. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference, not only to company success but also to the global science and technology landscape.
If you are interested in helping us change the world please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications, we won't be able to give specific feedback to each applicant.
Location: Oxford. The client are currently completely remote and are happy for the successful candidate to work remotely. However, access to the team in Oxford would be beneficial.
* We offer a competitive salary including equity to make you a partaker of our commercial success
* We care about your personal life - we offer 22 days paid annual leave (+ 3days over Christmas), extended parental leave and health insurance